Paula D'Arcy

Here, you will be given different topics on the New Age to discuss. These topics will include common concerns that Catholics and all Christians of Good Will have regarding New Age symbols, language, and activities. The hope of this forum is to promote better discernment regarding New Age influences in our culture today.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise, Marguerite F

ToniP

Paula D'Arcy

Post by ToniP » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:43 am

I just learned that a parish in our diocese is hosting Mrs. D'Arcy in the fall. She speaks on grief counseling, but although a friend told me about this upcoming speaking engagement with the warning that she is a "new ager," I haven't been able to locate much of anything in that regard on the internet.

I would appreciate any help you could give me. This same parish hosted Sister Joyce Rupp a year ago. A few months after Mrs. D'Arcy's appearance there will be an Advent Candlelight service in this parish featuring Bell-Peacock Ministries. My friend said this group talks about Mary's "children."

Sure could use your help. If I can find some substantial links verifying these concerns, I may just share them with our bishop.

Thank you and God bless.

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:09 pm

I had not heard of this woman, but tried to google search her myself. Because of my children, I have new age sites blocked on my computer (among other things of course). The second link when I googled her name came up blocked under the new age category. I suspect that she isn't an occult/wiccan outright, but one who uses those ideas to support Christianity. At any rate, she surely isn't Catholic.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

ToniP

Post by ToniP » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:01 pm

Close, but I'm going to need something with more substance to take to the bishop. I'll keep looking and praying.

Thanks for the help.

Toni

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:02 pm

I will call Meg tomorrow and have her give you some information. I am sure she knows where to send you for information.

blessings
Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

ToniP

Post by ToniP » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:09 am

I'm glad I joined this forum. I appreciate the help and the prayers.

God bless.

Toni

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:38 am

Glad you joined too Toni :)

I had a little time this morning to do a tad of research. Both D'Arcy and Rupp
are involved with that Womenspeak Conference. It appears they are buddies and of the same mindset. Look up Womenspeak and also google the two women's names together. Lots of stuff comes up. I will still call Meg and have her come in and red your post..

blessings
Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

ToniP

Post by ToniP » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:48 am

Bless you! Please pray for me as I discern just what to do with the information. We have a new bishop, ordained only a few shorts months and, regrettably, we're still not sure of his orthodoxy.

My husband and I have an appointment scheduled with him on Sept. 2 to review a men's conference my husband put on this past spring. I want to approach him about a women's conference.

If I present this other material first and express concern about it I could either be sabotaging the possibility of a solid conference with my straightforwardness, or get him on board with what's happening in the diocese. It depends on where he is with these matters.

It has been my experience that oftentimes bishops have no clue who's speaking in their parishes unless it's brought to their attention. In this case, things are a little dicey as the pastor of the parish hosting these events was recently named moderator of the curia. That in itself made us suspicious.

Thanks again. I really appreciate your efforts in helping me with this and I know I can count on your prayers, as well.

Toni

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:44 am

Toni, I will be praying that the bishop listens to you.

Meg has not come in to give input due to the abduction of Luke, as is mentioned in the Blessed Sacrament forum. Everyone is so busy searching for him and I am stuck out here in the country now and can't go help. All I can do is pray.

Blessings
Denise

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:20 am

Denise, don't over look the power of prayer. God needs prayer warriors too! :)
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Marguerite F
Ghost Buster

Paula D'Arcy's book on "junk" list

Post by Marguerite F » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:59 pm

This is even from the St. Anthony's messengers website, which is a questionable site at best. http://www.americancatholic.org/Messeng ... ks.asp#top

It is a bit difficult to say exactly why this book is on the "junk" list because there doesn't appear to be any actual review. But it's on a list along with other books like the infamous "Gospel of Judas" that WAS reviewed as "junk".

I would think that ANY Bishop, would want to be doubly careful of this type of controversial speaker, especially in light of the Course In Miracles garbage that is making it's inroads in many Catholic and Christian communities, thank's to that hallowed St. Oprah :roll:

SCHOLARSHIP WASTED ON JUNK

Q U I C K S C A N

THE LOST GOSPEL: The Quest for the Gospel of Judas Iscariot
THE GOSPEL OF JUDAS
THE ST. LOUIS JESUITS: Thirty Years
101 WAYS TO HAPPINESS: Nourishing Body, Mind and Soul
RECLAIMING THE BODY: Christians and the Faithful Use of Modern Medicine
CHRIST THE LORD: Out of Egypt
HEAT
SOLSTICE
CONNECTIONS
GETTING THROUGH GRIEFThis is a book by Paula D'Arcy.

Best wishes in getting this Bishop to change his mind. It sort of sounds like he allows liberal speakers in his parishes , pray to St. Michael that he changes his mind.

A note about grief counseling. It has it's place for sure, but you have to really check out the credentials of the people doing it because the sentiments in psychology right now are very anti-Catholic. I remember when I was getting credentialed for NLP (neuro-linguistic programing) a New Age form of therapy, that patients were told to "let go of that guilt" because it was blocking their healing...and this was said to a 25 yr old lesbian for lying to her mother about her lifestyle, in order that she might get 5000.00 to bye a house...it was right about then, that the light began to "dawn" for me. :oops:

Pax Christi.