I Just Want To Be Catholic

Here, you will be given different topics on the New Age to discuss. These topics will include common concerns that Catholics and all Christians of Good Will have regarding New Age symbols, language, and activities. The hope of this forum is to promote better discernment regarding New Age influences in our culture today.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise, Marguerite F

CameronA

I Just Want To Be Catholic

Post by CameronA » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:18 am

Hi guys. Just a little request. I spend most afternoons online browsing through the websites proporting to be Catholic and coming across several like yourselves which ARE really Catholic.
But lately and in increasing amounts, I am coming across this "Charasmatic" and "new age" rubbish and even recently came across one site in Britain openingly rejecting Marionistic views. Almost adopting a dangerously familiar Pentecostal tone to it.
All I want is to locate some really good CATHOLIC websites such as your's to browse through.
Such Rosary sites such as Virtual Rosary and Holy Rosary.com etc are great sites and such like.
I suppose you can call me "a Historical Catholic", one from the old school but strangely enough I dont like Latin masses. :shock:
Has anyone got any really good sites out there or has anyone had that sort of problem finding "traditional" Catholic sites?

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:02 am

hiya Cameron,

www.vatican.va is the official site of the Catholic Church.

This site www.semperficatholic.com is the next best thing i've found in my travels....and believe me i've signed up for many a catholic site in the past.

It has the most up to date info on whats happening in rome and around the world (thanks denise for your tireless work keeping it up to date) and its also very strictly adhering to the real Catholic Church.

Throw in some expert commentary from the likes of Karl and Kev and Lori and jb etc....and prayer warriors like june and joe and the others in the forum and you have the making of a top notch Catholic site.

denise has posted some excellent traditional sites as well (i cant believe you dont like the latin mass much...wotsa matta with ya fella lol)......dont mind me ...i LUVVVVVVVVVVV the latin mass......and often listen to it online lol

blessings
marie
Last edited by MarieT on Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:48 am

Hi Cameron, we have an organization called Catholic Culture. This organization has looked at and still does, web sites that are supposed to be Catholic and they grade them according to their fidelity to the Magisterium. There are also writings by Jeff Mirus and a huge library of everything you can imagine.

Here is the link to the front page
http://www.catholicculture.org

If you see a green arror next to a site, then it is ok. A yellow arrow means there are some concerns and they tell you what the concerns are. A red arrow means that there is danger to the faith and that the site is either very liberal or schismatic. You will learn how to navigate the site in just a few minutes.

Here is the review page and if you look to the right you will see a list of recent reviews and updated ones as well.

Here is the link to faithful sites

Here is the link to unfaithful sites

Hope this helps. Semper Fi Catholic supports Catholic Culture
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

CameronA

Post by CameronA » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:10 am

:D Wow!!! Thanks guys. I already knew about Vatican.org but didnt know about CatholicCulture. I looked at it just awhile ago and liked what I saw.
I thinks its an intelligent idea on having green, orange and red arrows beside the different reviews.
Im slowly building up a catalogue of these sites in my favourites. But please if you know of any more please please please let me know. We're getting blasted with all this Charasmatic or Pentecostal rubbish here in Queensland with Hillsong, Shiloh, Assemblies of God, and the like.
AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH, LOL.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:02 am

Oh.......................I know where you can go to get some really great material........my old acquaintance Dave Armstrong. Let me know if this helps you any.

Blessings
Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales