What he wanted burned is now in book form

Here you will find great orthodox Catholic books, old and new, as well as talks or articles by orthodox authors and lecturers.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

What he wanted burned is now in book form

Post by Denise » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:47 pm

I can't wait to read this one.

Private papers of Bl. John Paul II to appear in book form

CWN - January 17, 2014

The private papers of Blessed John Paul II will be published in February in book form, despite the late Pontiff’s instructions that they should be burned.

In his final testament, Pope John Paul II directed this his personal papers should be destroyed. “I ask that Father Stanislaw see to this,” he wrote, referring to his private secretary. But after the Polish Pontiff’s death, “Father Stanislaw”—now Cardinal Stanislaw Dziwisz of Krakow—announced that he would override the Pope’s wishes because the papers had great historical importance.

The private papers will be released in February by the Polish publisher Znak, under the title I Am in God’s Hands: Personal Notes, 1962-2003.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:36 am

Dziwisz defends release of JPII’s private notebooks
Longtime secretary: 'It would be a crime to destroy them'
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:59 pm

I wonder why he wanted them destroyed. I really want to read this, but at the same time, it kind of feels weird because he didn't want us to.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

KarlB
Saint Finder

Post by KarlB » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Most Popes have their private journals, correspondence and notes destroyed to prevent them from being used to undercut their definitive doctrinal or eccliastical pronouncements.. most of which are the product of a long deliberative and consultative process.

I really don't see the necessity, if we see that these definitive statements are always a product opinion and debate, resolved through prayer, consensus and revelation.
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:13 am

hmm uneasy....going against his final wishes
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord