The Afterlife: Purgatory and Heaven Explained

Here you will find great orthodox Catholic books, old and new, as well as talks or articles by orthodox authors and lecturers.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

The Afterlife: Purgatory and Heaven Explained

Post by Denise » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:13 am

I ordered this book and oh my! I cried through the first 20 or so pages. There are things in here I never realized and I can tell you, it ain't easy to get to Heaven; getting through Purgatory will be painful, a different pain that we experience here. After a while I calmed down because it all began to make more sense and I will feel happy to be able to suffer in Purgatory for the love of God. It is best for our souls to be enlightened so we can start gaining indulgences for ourselves and the Holy Souls, as well as being on guard against even venial sins.

Servant of God Fr. Dolindo Ruotolo (1882–1970), called “a saint” by St. Padre Pio, was a renowned exorcist and spiritual director who wrote commentary on the books of the Bible and authored volumes on the Holy Spirit and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

https://www.amazon.com/Afterlife-Purgat ... 121&sr=8-1
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales