Orthodoxy - GK Chesterton

Here you will find great orthodox Catholic books, old and new, as well as talks or articles by orthodox authors and lecturers.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise

KarlB
Saint Finder

Orthodoxy - GK Chesterton

Post by KarlB » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:12 pm

I've quoted GK Chesterton (1874 -1936) in a couple of posts so I thought i'd give their source. It's a obscure book written about 80 years ago called Orthodoxy. Chesterton was a prolific British journalist, essayist, novelist, best known for his Father Brown mysteries. He was born an Anglican, dabbled in the occult (seances, ouija board) before converting to Catholicism in 1922. Like many converts he took to his new faith with a passion and Orthodoxy is a little volume that contains his thoughts on the idols and illusions of modernism. It is uncannily prophetic of the modernist trends and dilemmas. If you come across it, it is well worth a read.
Last edited by KarlB on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:29 pm

I have the book too. Of course it is packed. We either need to move or I need to unpack, :lol: I miss my library.

Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales