Jesus complains about the souls of religious and priests

Inspirational Quotes From Our Lord to Saint Faustina and Other Divine Mercy Devotions.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

Jesus complains about the souls of religious and priests

Post by Denise » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:52 am

Towards the end of the Way of the Cross which I was making, the Lord Jesus began to
complain about the souls of religious and priests, about the lack of love in chosen souls. I
will allow convents and churches to be destroyed.
I answered, "Jesus, but there are
so many souls praising You in convents." The Lord answered, That praise wounds My
Heart, because love has been banished from convents. Souls without love and
without devotion, souls full of egoism and self-love, souls full of pride and
arrogance, souls full of deceit and hypocrisy, lukewarm souls who have just
enough warmth to keep them alive: My Heart cannot bear this. All the graces that
I pour out upon them flow off them as off the face of a rock. I cannot stand them,
because they are neither good or bad. I called convents into being to sanctify the
world through them. It is from them that a powerful flame of love and sacrifice
should burst forth. And if they do not repent and become en-kindled by their first
love, I will deliver them over to the fate of this world...
How can they sit on the promised throne of judgment to judge the world, when
their guilt is greater than the guilt of the world? There is neither penance nor
atonement. O heart, which received Me in the morning and at noon are all ablaze
with hatred against Me, hatred of all sorts! O heart specially chosen by Me, were
you chosen for this, to give Me more pain? The great sins of the world are
superficial wounds on My Heart, but the sins of a chosen soul pierce My Heart
through and through...

When I tried to intercede for them, I could find nothing with which to excuse them and,
being at the time unable to think of anything in their defense, my heart was seized with
pain, and I wept bitterly. Then the Lord looked at me kindly and comforted me with these
words: Do not cry. There are still a great number of souls who love Me very much,
but My Heart desires to be loved by all and, because My love is great, that is why I
warn and chastise them.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales