Modifying , adding or subtraction. the Eucharistic Prayers

For the liturgy, "through which the work of our redemption is accomplished," (1) most of all in the divine sacrifice of the Eucharist, is the outstanding means whereby the faithful may express in their lives, and manifest to others, the mystery of Christ and the real nature of the true Church.

SACROSANCTUM CONCILIUM

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:53 am

Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:11 pm

On Confession from the USCCB

How often should I go to Confession?

Catholics are required to receive the Sacrament at least once per year. However, if you are aware of having committed any mortal (serious) sin, you should receive the Sacrament. That being said, all are encouraged to take advantage of the Sacrament on a regular and frequent basis. Frequent reception helps us keep aware of our spiritual progress and provides the grace to overcome our sins.

I go once a month, but my Pastor suggests we could go as often as we like or need to. My dearly departed Spiritual Director said that we should not only confess our Mortal sins but Venial sins as well because, after all, Christ died for them too.

So, if that is a fact, and it is, we could go to Confession daily, even if the sins we confess are venial. It is my understanding that confessing lesser sins often keeps one from committing the greater sins because we receive much grace from Confession.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Thomas, we are glad to be able to help in any way we can. I love your input! So glad you found us. :D

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:19 pm

I love your input too! It is great to see such love for the Holy Mass. :)
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica