Help on a Question that some have trouble with?

For the liturgy, "through which the work of our redemption is accomplished," (1) most of all in the divine sacrifice of the Eucharist, is the outstanding means whereby the faithful may express in their lives, and manifest to others, the mystery of Christ and the real nature of the true Church.

SACROSANCTUM CONCILIUM

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:31 am

Thomas, believe me, you haven't offended anyone here. These are legitimate concerns you have. If you think that a Mass is invalid, try to go to another Mass.

Also, sometimes a priest may be very tired and leave out a word or make a mistake for an innocent reason, for those reasons I would think the intentions are in the heart of the celebrant. If you notice deliberate changes etc., then according to the General Instruction of the Roman Missal, I myself see it as invalid.

As for changing words and making things up as they go along, here is something that may help you to answer some of your concerns.

Confession...Jesus died for our venial sins as well as mortal sins, and if you want confess your venial sins weekly, good for you. Keeping venial sins in check will more than likely keep you from allowing them to become mortal sins.

Listen, we drive a very long way to Mass because our priest is a Priest for Christ and not for himself. He tirelessly gives of himself for his flock and even those who belong to other parishes. Kind of like another Padre Pio. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you to a parish that is legit and holy.

Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:07 am

Thomas, I have walked out of Masses before due to abuse, (not at my parish) and gone to a later Mass elsewhere. This was years ago. I attended a parish in the 90s that started out very faithful but as priests were moved, transferred, etc., things went down hill very quickly. I have cornered priests and confronted priests. Sometimes they listened and sometimes they didn't but I did my part and moved on.
This may be of good use to your friend.
Liturgical Abuses
Summarized from Redemptionis Sacramentum
Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, 25 March 2004

Your friend can write to or call

Palazzo delle Congregazioni
Piazza Pio XII, 10 00120
CITTÀ DEL VATICANO

Tel: +39 06 69 88 40 05 or +39 06 69 88 44 16

The abusing priest should be spoken to first, if he doesn't listen then write to the bishop and let the bishop know you have spoken to the priest and since nothing has changed that you have not only addressed the situation with him, the bishop, but also Rome.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:46 pm

You can make a Spiritual Communion. A spiritual communion is made when we fervently desire to receive our Lord.

Here is my take on the matter. Let us say that the priest has done the Consecration but we are sure that he did his own thing. I would suggest making a Spiritual Communion, but only if you are positive that Christ in not present in the Eucharist, which might be hard to conclude. I also think that if the proper form is used and the intent is not there, which none of us know, God in His Mercy will take our desires into consideration. He can do all things.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:11 am

:shock:
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:32 am

God set up these rules, ways of doing things for us, not Him. He can do whatever He wants in order to come to innocents who are trying to fulfill Sunday obligation. If a mass is invalid and the congregation is well meaning and innocent, I believe God sees what is happening and knows the heart of His people. I think Jesus will come spiritually to anyone who sincerely believes they are taking regular communion. As for that priest, he needs prayer so his flock can be properly fed!
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica