Tornado last night

Everyday chit chat. Come in and talk about your hobbies, sports, recipes, vacations, or whatever else you may want to share.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Tornado last night

Post by Denise » Sun May 26, 2024 9:29 am

Stephen woke me up right after 11 PM and said we needed to get into the storm shelter. A tornado was coming straight for us and it was huge. It was a super cell. First I burnt blessed palm and prayed the prayer against storms; I grabbed my tornado bag and we ran down there and my daughter, Nichole, finally joined us. I have a crank weather radio so we could listen to what they were saying. The wind was horrid and we heard that they tornado was just north of Melissa going east, which meant it was on top of us. There was a lot of commotion we could hear out there. Stephen still had a signal and was watching it and said it was right over us. Then the weather guy said it was passed us so we were able to get out of the shelter. It was very strange because we barely got rain during this and the only thing that happened was my garden sprayer blew into the yard and little things blew around that I saw this morning.

A BIG public thank YOU to Our Lord and his angels and saints. A miracle? I sure think so!

Go to 1:55:01 in this As It Happened video. You will hear him speak of Anna but notice Melissa. We live directly above the "a" . We live right on the outer loop he says it is coming down.
https://texasstormchasers.com/forecast/ ... y-25-2024/
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Re: Tornado last night

Post by Denise » Sun May 26, 2024 10:24 am

Just noticed that one of my redbud trees has two large limbs broken. Feeling very blessed and protected.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun May 26, 2024 9:24 pm

oh myyyy goodness
thanks be to God you are all safe

reminds me of biblical narrative when the angel passed over the homes that had the blood of the lamb when calamity swept over Egypt .....the faithful were spared

prayers for your continuing safety
and thanksgiving to our merciful Lord

Mother nature has been rattled.

I'm interested to hear more about your shelter
I'm assuming these are common in the area for all?
thanks be to God
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon May 27, 2024 7:48 am

the angel passed over the homes that had the blood of the lamb
Oh my! You just made me remember that all my entry doors have the Epiphany blessing and inscription over them. I also have the blessing in my out buildings and the shelter on the inside. I did notice that the last inscription that was put in there was 2015. Fr. Paul even blessed the shelter when he came and blessed our home and property with Holy Water and Incense.

This is the shelter we have only ours is a little larger. The echo in it is horrible. I need to pad the walls lol.
https://texasstormshelterguy.com/concre ... ope-front/

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon May 27, 2024 7:57 am

I'm assuming these are common in the area for all?
We are the only ones in our area that have a shelter. Actually we have only seen a handful. Some people have what is called a saferoom built into their garage. Some are anchored to cement or others are built underground when the home is built. We have friends that have one inside connected to their enclosed garage that they could actually live in if need be.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon May 27, 2024 6:03 pm

thats great

glad all ok
stay safe

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue May 28, 2024 8:12 pm

We had some more horrible weather last night and today. Lots of flooding in our area and lots of wind damage and hail south of us toward Dallas. So many are without power. Then we are going to get hammered again in the middle of the night tonight and during the day tomorrow. I have to wonder when this is going to cease. May the Good Lord have mercy on us.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed May 29, 2024 3:30 am

Lord have mercy
we continue to storm heaven with prayers
stay safe

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed May 29, 2024 7:29 am

It appears that we were missed last night, thank the Good Lord for His mercy. Dallas and the Metroplex are in sad shape.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:03 am

whoa but glad you guys are safe
prayers continuing

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:15 am

The ground is so saturated that when I got out and walk on the yard it is like walking on a wet sponge. They are predicting this kind of weather throughout June.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:17 am

Lord have mercy
praying for your wellbeing and safety