Holy Love

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

maryg

Holy Love

Post by maryg » Tue May 26, 2009 9:42 am

Does anybody have any info on the Holy Love Ministries in Ohio. Someone told me about it today and alarm bells went off. If my memory serves me correctly, there are big problems with this one. Does anyone know for sure?
maryg

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Tue May 26, 2009 3:09 pm

I had never heard of them before, but CatholicCulture.org gives their website a red light.

Holy Love Ministry is a group that has been active in the Cleveland area for several years. In 1985 Maureen Sweeney-Kyle started reporting heavenly locutions when the Blessed Mother allegedly appeared to her above the altar in St. Brendan's Catholic Church in North Olmsted, Ohio. Since then there have been numerous apparitions and messages from the Blessed Trinity, Our Lady and many saints.

The Diocese of Cleveland has a caution concerning this ministry on its website and does not recognize these apparitions. We recommend that you avoid this website, it contains nothing that is necessary for salvation. You can spend time in the presence of Christ himself in every Catholic Church in the world. It is much better not to anticipate the judgment of the Church.

STRENGTHS
None Reported.

WEAKNESSES
These messages do not have the approval of the local Bishop (Fidelity)
·Messages make many extraordinary claims and false predictions (Fidelity)
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue May 26, 2009 4:03 pm

Right! Not approved, disobedient group, false prophet

Here is something that breaks things apart a bit
http://www.catholicplanet.com/apparitions/false03.htm
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue May 26, 2009 11:28 pm

Kevin, I know what you mean about the planet. He has some things dead right though and this is one of them. Gotta take the good and leave the bad, as Augustine said.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

maryg

Post by maryg » Wed May 27, 2009 8:57 pm

Thank you for your replies. Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I am familiar with "the planet". He does have some things right and some wrong. I am hesitant to refer people to his website because of this. Kevin, I will look at the link you posted more carefully tomorrow when I have more time. Maureen Sweeney Kyle (I think that's her name) will be speaking in my area (Long Island) on Saturday. I know many people who will be going and wanted as much info as possible. I DO NOT plan on attending, but I am sure I will hear about it.
Thanks again.
maryg

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed May 27, 2009 9:41 pm

mary, maybe you could attend, after arming yourself with facts, and then stand up and start asking questions. They may even have an Q&A session like they do at some of these gatherings. I guess other than that, all you can do is pray for your friends that are going.

Blessings
Denise

maryg

Post by maryg » Thu May 28, 2009 5:31 am

I will see what the weekend brings. I have been swamped lately. If the opportunity presents itself, I will try to attend.
mary

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu May 28, 2009 7:27 am

On way or another, we will be praying for you to make a difference in this situation.

All this garbage that is going on with false seers and those who do not understand what the Church teaches on this, or even know when errors are being spread are getting on my last nerve. So many times I have just wanted to throw my arms up and go on about my business and let others find things out for themselves either here or hereafter. But, I still see my Father O on his death bed pointing that finger at me saying, "Don't stop fighting". I know when I get frustrated and tired of it all he is praying for me to be strong.

Let us know what happens
Blessings
Denise

maryg

Post by maryg » Fri May 29, 2009 7:26 am

I found out that this is being held at a hotel about 45 minutes from my house. It is a full day and there is a $35 charge to get in. I will not be able to attend. Kevin, I appreciate all of the info you have provided me. May I send the link to your archives to a like-minded friend? I would also like to find out if Nicholas Cafardi is still their canon lawyer.
Thanks,
Mary

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun May 31, 2009 11:10 pm

Kevin, ok. Call around lunch or so. If I don't answer the house phone call my cell phone.

maryg

Post by maryg » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:43 pm

This "conference" was arranged by people who belong to a Divine Will prayer group that meets in a local church. My research indicates Divine Will is a cult.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:58 pm

Mary, you are right. It is the Luisa Piccareta stuff.

Read this from CUF's Faith Facts
https://www.cuf.org/FileDownloads/divwill.pdf