The Divine Will

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

ToniP

The Divine Will

Post by ToniP » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:56 pm

Forgive me if this has been posted before, but I'm beginning to hear people around me talk about Luisa Piccaretta and The Divine Will. Does anyone know anything about this? Why is it that supporters of these private revelations always defend their translations as having been misinterpreted?

Or is this one legit?

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:08 pm

Not approved! Just for starters you can get an idea from here, Envoy Magazine. There is a thread somewhere in here concerning this.
Divine Will Hunting

Luisa Piccarreta and the Kingdom of the Divine Will

Why Some Fall into False devotions

Hope this helps!

God bless
Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

ToniP

Post by ToniP » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Thanks, Denise. I'll check into these links.

God bless.

Toni

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:20 pm

Mistranslation DOES happen. For example, it was the reason for a huge delay in the history of the divine mercy devotion. So whether they're sincere or not, it is a very plausible excuse for why a devotion is not approved. Just remember that God will sort it all out in the end. If he wants something approved, you better believe that it WILL be.

This one, I had never even heard of and I guess it is NOT approved. *sigh* Well, Jesus Himself said there would be false prophets...
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica