Address of Bp Peric re: Medjugorje

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

Address of Bp Peric re: Medjugorje

Post by Denise » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:34 pm

Van: Mark Waterinckx [mailto:markwaterinckx@skynet.be]
Verzonden: donderdag 24 september 2009 15:07
Onderwerp: News about Mgr. Peric and Medjugorje

Mgr. Peric forbade all Franciscans in Med. to publish any comment on the monthly ‘messages’(to be read on Med.websites)

In Rome Card. Levada, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, told him that Rome always do refer to him as the responsible bishop when people ask for an advice from Rome about Med.(on Italian website bishop Mostar)

http://www.cbismo.com/index.php?mod=vijest&vijest=361 (read at the end : In fine…)

The most important part of the address in English I have written to Bp.
Peric and asked that the english be added to his site

Finally a word or two on our domestic situation. In the week 17 to 24 January this year have been to Rome. In addition to healthy, first, the Holy Father at the General and to implore his apostolic blessing to the whole Church in Herzegovina, I also visited the most responsible of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. I thank in particular the fact that the bishops of the Italian region of Tuscany, who during their visit ad Limina asked the congregation what we need to think about the phenomenon of Medjugorje, the then secretary, Archbishop Angelo Amato, has recommended them to forward to the priests and faithful the homily at Medjugorje during his confirmation in the Corpus Domini 2006, and then they did in their official gazette. Cardinal William Levada, now prefect of the Congregation, then I said: "We do tell everyone that asks us about Medjugorje." I saw that the competent Congregation and the Secretary of State of the Holy Father are watching closely what happens in our Herzegovina. And we are grateful for all the concern and love for Pope Benedict XVI and the Apostolic See.

My position is not so in all, the one I gave this place three years ago, when I asked a responsible pastoral workers Franciscan Friars of this parish, the parishioners and other faithful, and alleged visionaries, namely that the so-called daily apparitions, known as the "phenomenon Medjugorje", are not recognized by the Church as authentic or after multiple investigations of committees and even after 28 years of dissemination through the mass media. And do not behave, brothers and sisters, as if these "apparitions" were recognized and authentic. If as a Catholic, devoted sons and daughters of the Church, we live by the rules and teachings of the Church, glorifying the Holy Trinity, venerating the Blessed Mary ever Virgin, the Immaculate Mother of God and taken up into heaven, and confess everything Church in the Creed has established does not make use of certain "appearances" or "messages" alternative, which the Church has not recognized the supernatural character.
You, Confirmation candidates, I beg you: stick to the gifts in the life of the Holy Spirit who today are about to receive the Sacrament, as St. Paul has stuck to the gifts and inspirations of the same Spirit in proclaiming the Gospel and witness to Christ the Lord. In this task will help your parents, godparents and the entire parish community.
Then verify, as we possess the Spirit of God will help us make better father and doctor of the Church St. Augustine who said, "Quantum quisque amat Ecclesiam Christi, tantum habet Spiritum Sanctum" (PL 35, 646).
Not allow to be overcome with love for Christ and the Church, which is the "Body of Christ" (Eph 4:12).
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:26 pm

Thanks Tom, I couldn't find it and Mark just sent it to me. I'd written tot he bishop and asked that it be added but they were probably already in the process.

Blessings
Denise

Homily given during the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation in the parish of Medjugorje

The Bishop, 2009-06-06

Dear brother priests, candidates for Confirmation, parents, sponsors and all of you present at this celebration of two sacraments!

We are approaching the end of the Jubilee Year marking the 2000th anniversary of the birth of St. Paul the Apostle. For this reason we would like to speak today on the event of the great revelation of the Resurrected Jesus of Nazareth to Saul of Tarsus as he was on the road to Damascus. When Saul, who was later on called Paul (Acts 13:13) referred back to that merciful encounter which fundamentally changed his life, which he described in his speeches that are found in the Acts of the Apostles and in his Epistles, he did not speak in terms of “visions”, but rather in the style of the Old and New Testament “apocalypses” or “revelations”, in which the “light” and “voice” give this event a special quality and meaning.

According to the same Acts, St. Paul mentions this encounter and the unforgettable words he heard from the Lord three times. Let us recall parts of this encounter:

Jesus: "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?” (Acts 9:4) “It hurts you to kick against the goads” (26:14) are the question and assertion that Saul heard. The new disciple will soon learn how to submit to God’s goads and to the divine Tiller. Saul, Saul, your heart will not find peace until it rests in Him who you are persecuting!

Saul: “Who are you, Lord?” (Acts 9:5), replied the hero with a question while blind and fallen on the ground.

Jesus: “I am Jesus of Nazareth whom you are persecuting” (Acts 22:8) answered the voice of the Lord.

Saul: “What am I to do, Lord?” (Acts 22:10) asked Saul, injured in both eyes. From the brightness of the light, he lost his sight “in midday” (Acts 26:13). He was dazzled by the light near Damascus. He posed a question, ready to go over on the side of Jesus Christ, the Conqueror, “already conquered by him” (Phil 3:12).

Jesus: “Get up and go to Damascus; there you will be told everything that has been assigned to you to do” (Acts 22:10).

Those who followed Saul in his persecution of Christians were surprised; they had heard a sound, yet they did not see anyone. Even Saul “though his eyes were open, he could see nothing; so they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. For three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank” (Acts 9:8-9).

Paul’s heart was pierced by a Divine lightning bolt. His mind was enlightened by God’s light. His eyes were injured by a brightness beyond description. His future mission was announced to him from the mouth of God: “For I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you to serve and testify to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you. I will rescue you from your people and from the Gentiles - to whom I am sending you to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me” (Acts 26:16-18). This was the exalted mission entrusted to Saul by the Lord. This apparition, equal to a revelation, cannot be considered identical nor comparable to the “visions” that Paul experienced commonly during the night, on only four occasions, again according to the Acts, which were spiritually beneficial for him and his determination, encouragement and witnessing. Let us now briefly reflect on these moments in order to learn some concrete lessons:

1 – In Troas. Acts 16:9-10. “During the night Paul had a vision: there stood a man of Macedonia pleading with him and saying, ‘Come over to Macedonia and help us.’ When he had seen the vision, we immediately tried to cross over to Macedonia, being convinced that God had called us to proclaim the good news to them.”

- Before this, Paul and those that accompanied him wanted to go to Phrygia and the region of Galatia, but they were forbidden by Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia. Then they had planned to travel to Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus did not allow them. Paul listened to the counsel of the Holy Spirit which on one side prohibited the path he had set upon, yet on the other, opened the doors for the preaching of the Gospel where God willed.

Dear candidates! You shall often find yourselves at crossroads during your lives, where you have to make decisions. Pray to the Holy Spirit for the gift of counsel, so that you never make decisions following your own wishes, but according to the will of God, who regularly reveals himself to us not only in a properly educated Christian conscience but especially in his commandments and those of the Church!

2 – In Corinth. Acts 18:9-10. “One night the Lord said to Paul in a vision, ‘Do not be afraid, but speak and do not be silent; for I am with you, and no one will lay a hand on you to harm you, for there are many in this city who are my people’“.

- Paul experienced moments of disappointment, persecution and strong reactions in Corinth. Yet he knew well that if God had given him an assignment, then he would also provide him with the necessary wisdom and support. And precisely during the course of one evening he felt God encouraging him not to give up but to preach in that pagan city wisely, courageously and with charity, where there are “many” faithful! Paul obeyed the voice of the Lord and remained in Corinth for another year and a half.

Dear candidates! Various doubts and difficulties will come your way during your lives. These trials are not meant to break you but to strengthen you by overcoming them. Do not let your spirit nor wisdom grow weaker. Instead invoke the Holy Spirit often so that the gifts you receive today of wisdom and prudence may be beneficial in your lives in properly responding to even the greatest challenges.

3 – In Jerusalem. Acts 23:11. “That night the Lord stood near him and said, ‘Keep up your courage! For just as you have testified for me in Jerusalem, so you must bear witness also in Rome’.”

- Paul, while “captive to the Spirit”, arrived at Jerusalem not knowing what to expect, “except that the Holy Spirit testifies to me in every city that imprisonment and persecutions are waiting for me” (Acts 20:22-23). Had the Roman tribune Claudius Lysias not been there, the Jews would have lynched Paul in the city. Paul did not know how the calamitous events in Jerusalem were going to end, yet he was prepared “not only to be bound but even to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus” (Acts 21:13). He especially could not have known what his future would have been. The Lord came to his assistance, encouraging him and also announcing to him that he will also have to witness in a similar fashion in Rome! Paul was happy and grateful to the Holy Spirit who accompanied and strengthened him. He then boldly accepted the encouragement and prophecy of Jesus.

Dear candidates! None of us knows what awaits us in the future. Only God knows. Yet today you will receive the gift of the Spirit of the Lord, also known as knowledge, which is necessary for salvation. Pray constantly and cooperate with God so that you may always possess not only the Spirit’s gift of knowledge but also piety, in order to undertake concrete actions in witnessing for Jesus at all times, in each and every place Providence will lead you.

4 – Somewhere in the Mediterranean. Acts 27:23-24. “For last night there stood by me an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I worship, and he said, 'Do not be afraid, Paul; you must stand before the emperor; and indeed, God has granted safety to all those who are sailing with you.'R21;

- Paul sailed on the high seas for 14 nights, while his ship with 276 sailors and travelers, was being tossed by the waves “across the sea of Adria” (Acts 27:27). While still under custody, Paul prayed to God for the crew and passengers. The Lord God sent him an angel who awoke in him great fear of God and also encouraged him not to falter, because he will have to appear before the emperor. The Apostle took charge of the situation and announced salvation to all the travelers only if they would listen to him, as he on his part listens to the Holy Spirit.

Dear candidates! All of our endeavors are accompanied by various difficulties. Our lives in this vale of tears are never without hardships and trials. Yet it is exactly in these moments when our intellect and honesty are put to the test. Whenever you feel that you are about to be shipwrecked, do not back off, but with great fear of God, pray to the Lord that through the gift of fortitude which comes from the Spirit, you may be able to withstand all of life’s storms and be proven ready for the Judgment day. We too are praying for you.

Let us turn back to the beginning of Paul’s enlightenment. During the experience he had close to Damascus, Paul’s mission was revealed to him, which was entrusted to him not from some ordinary man, but directly from Jesus Christ. Through this event he became an “apostle” (1 Cor 9:1), even though he was not part of the Twelve. As Peter received his mission from the Risen Christ – hence within the framework of the Resurrection – to lead the faithful flock of Christ out of love for God, so Paul too received from the Risen Christ his mission to build up the Church of God. Therefore Peter and Paul, the first amongst the apostles, are united by the missions entrusted to them, by their martyrdom in Rome and by a common liturgical solemnity. Paul seems to place this moment of enlightenment and the apparition of Jesus at a time before the Ascension, thereby providing us with the oldest traditional belief regarding the apparitions of the Risen Lord: first to Cephas, then to the Twelve, then to more than five hundred brothers, to James, to all the apostles and “last of all… also to me” (1 Cor 15:5-8). This revelation and message of Christ to Paul kept him strong from the very first moment and throughout his apostolate.

Finally, a word or two on our local situation. From the 17th to the 24th of January this year I was in Rome and had the opportunity to first of all greet the Holy Father during his General Audience and ask for his blessing for our entire Church in Herzegovina. I also visited the superiors of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and thanked them in particular for informing the bishops of the region of Toscana, in Italy, who had asked the Congregation during their “ad limina” visit what position to take regarding the phenomenon of Medjugorje. The then Secretary of the Congregation, Archbishop Angelo Amato recommended that the bishops convey to the priests and faithful of their dioceses the homily that was given here in Medjugorje during the rite of Confirmation, on the solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ in the year 2006, which they then did. Cardinal William Levada, the current Prefect of the Congregation then told me: “We advise this to everyone who asks us about Medjugorje”. During my visit I could see that the competent Congregation as well as the Secretariat of State are closely following our local events in Herzegovina and we are most grateful to Pope Benedict XVI and the Apostolic See for their charity and concern.

I therefore stand by everything I said and dutifully demanded from this very place three years ago: from the Franciscan fathers who are the pastoral ministers of this parish, from the parishioners and other faithful, as well as from the so-called seers; that the presumed daily apparitions, known as the “phenomenon of Medjugorje”, have not been declared as authentic by the Church. Not even after the investigations of various commissions nor after 28 years of media hype. Therefore, brothers and sisters, we cannot behave as if these “apparitions” are authentic and approved. If as Catholics, loyal sons and daughters of the Church, we wish to live according to Church norms and teachings, glorifying the Holy Trinity, venerating the B. V. Mary ever Virgin, the Immaculate Conception, the Mother of God who was Assumed in heaven and wish to confess all that the Church teaches us in the Creed, then we need not search for alternative “apparitions” and “messages” whose character the Church has not acknowledged as supernatural!

Dear candidates, I implore you to hold strong the gifts of the Holy Spirit which you will sacramentally receive today, as St. Paul held very dearly the gifts and inspirations of the Holy Spirit in his preaching of the Gospels and in bearing witness for Christ the Lord. May your parents, sponsors and the entire parish community help you in your efforts!

And in order to assess how much we are in possession of the Holy Spirit, the best person to help us is the holy Doctor of the Church St. Augustine, who once wrote: “A person has as much of the Holy Spirit as is his love for the Church of Christ” (PL 35,646).

Let us not allow ourselves to be outdone in our love towards Christ and the Church, which is “the body of Christ” (Eph 4:12).
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:38 pm

8-) :D

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:20 am

Check out this blog

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:17 am

----- Original Message -----
To: 'Mark Waterinckx'
Sent: Mon Sep 28 10:35
Subject: Fwd: FW: Complete Interdiction of 'Apparition'- Propaganda in Medjugorje by Bishop of Mostar !!!

Van: Mark Waterinckx [mailto:markwaterinckx@skynet.be]
Verzonden: maandag 28 september 2009 15:52
Onderwerp: Complete Interdiction of 'Apparition'- Propaganda in Medjugorje by Bishop of Mostar !!!

Letter of bishop of Mostar(Mgr. Peric) to actual priests in Medjugorje(Petar Vlasic…)

On his website (www.cbismo.com) Mgr. Peric has published on Sept. 26 2009 3 long articles with (Italian) title “Il Contesto del Fenomeno Medjugorje”

All translated from Croatian language.

Part 1 deals with the role and manipulations of ex-Fr. Tomislav Vlasic and deceased Fr. Slavko Barbaric
http://www.cbismo.com/index.php?mod=vijest&vijest=418

Part 2 deals with the phantasies of T.Vlasic and the manipulations of S.Barbaric around the ‘Youthfestival’
http://www.cbismo.com/index.php?mod=vijest&vijest=417

Part 3 first deals with the homily of bishop Peric on June 6 2009 in Medjugorje, in which he thanks the Vatican for the support to his negative standpoint on the ‘apparitions’ in Medjugorje
http://www.cbismo.com/index.php?mod=vijest&vijest=416

Part 3 then publishes the letter d.d. June 12 2009 of the responsible bishop of Mostar to the now responsible priest of the Medjugorje-parish, Fr. Petar Vlasic:

FORBIDDEN :

- NO more retreats, spiritual exercises, conferences, foreign priests… without permission of the bishop

- NO own or foreign priests may propagate NON-recognized ‘messages’ or ‘apparitions’

- EVERY priest must show his ‘celebret’ before H.Mass

- NO more H.Sacrament or adoration in ‘Oasis of Peace’; even NO permission to reside in whole diocese

- NO services in private church in Bijakovice; is now closed.

- NO mentioning of ‘seers’, apparitions, messages’ in parishchronicle

- NO mentioning of the word ‘sanctuary’ in Medjugorje

- NO mentioning or comment of ‘messages’ or ‘apparitions’ on the 25° of the month via Marija Pavlovic

- NO private ‘apparitions’ of Mirjana Dragicevic in ‘Cenacolo’ of Sr. Elvira

- NO permission for ‘Kraljica Mira’(founder : Tomislav Vlasic) in Medjugorje or in whole diocese

- NO ‘seers’ or others in the church to pray prayers from the ‘apparitions’

- NO intentions during the rosary concerning ‘apparitions’ or ‘messages’

- NO ‘seers’ in or around the church on anniversaries of ‘apparitions’ or ‘messages’

Part 3 ends with a letter d.d. June 12 2009 from bishop Peric to Fr. Danko Perutina forbidding all comments on the 25° ‘messages’

Lori

Post by Lori » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:47 pm

I just read that above post on Father Z's website.

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2009/09/medjugorje-news/

Check out the comments!

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:06 pm

This is a newly published document from the website of the diocese of Mostar-Duvno. (Note: the web page contains three documents; scroll down to see the source for what follows.) Here I am presenting a translation based on the Italian version on the website, so I have to acknowledge the limitations involved in a derivative translation. Any mistakes are my responsibility; please inform me via the comment box of improvements or corrections. Thanks! -- Richard Chonak]

Letter of the bishop to Friar Petar Vlasic, parish priest of Medjugorje

Mostar, 12 June 2009.: Prot. 648/2009

Reverend parish priest friar Peter!

After having made the canonical visit to the parish of Medjugorje last Wednesday, 10 June, where nine other Franciscan fathers share the pastoral care of souls with you, according to the directive issued by this office, I wish to make reference now, by this means, to several points.

Inasmuch as you are the current parish priest, who have been working in that capacity since September 2007, I express to you my sincere thanks for maintaining transparent records in the books of registration and other matters. For a parish priest, as for a bishop - it is really essential to carry out not only the munus docendi et sanctificandi, but also the munus gubernandi entrusted to us.

Munus docendi:

The rule is still valid that in the parish of Medjugorje priests coming from elsewhere are not permitted to conduct retreats or spiritual exercises, nor to hold conferences, without the approval of this office. (Circular of 23.8.2001, #1290/2001)

Analogously, neither foreign nor domestic priests can promote alleged "messages" or "apparitions" which have not been proclaimed authentic in that church or on church property.

Munus sanctificandi:

It is praiseworthy that you require from every priest who wishes to celebrate the Holy Mass at Medjugorje the celebret of his ecclesiastical superior and that you record in a particular book all the concelebrants, from the beginning of this year.

As well, you have kept me informed about the "Oasis of peace", which, since the intervention of this office on 15 December 2008, no longer keeps the Blessed Sacrament privately in their chapel and no longer conducts adoration, which they had been doing according to their own account. They do not have permission as a religious association to reside in the territory of this diocese.

Munus gubernandi:

You have informed me that the church in Bijakovic, built by a foreign member of the faithful as his ex voto, without the necessary request and approval of the competent ecclesiastical authority, has been closed by now and that no services are conducted in it.

In the parish chronicle you have made sure to record, with the right terminology, everything that happens to this parish as a pastoral unit of this diocese, without regard to all the stories about "seers", "apparitions", and "messages" connected with the parish.

"The phenomenon of Medjugorje":

The "Shrine". The parish of Medjugorje cannot be called a shrine, neither privately, nor publicly, not officially, because it is not recognized as such by any level of competent ecclesial authority. And that wording cannot appear on the web site of "Medjugorje - place of prayer and reconciliation", where it is currently found in many places. In a statement on that site - where there is no indication of who is responsible for it - this message appears:
"To avoid any misunderstanding, we wish to underscore that the Shrine has not given the mission of representing Medjugorje to anyone. The Shrine has not given the mission to any community or person either in Medjugorje or outside of Medjugorje - of speading or interpreting the messages of the Gospa. All these initiatives are private and voluntary on the part of the faithful and the communities."

From that statement it appears as if the site is proclaiming itself as being a "Shrine". Then it seems in some way to be the only competent [source] to give instruction to the world. As the local Ordinary, in this present letter, I declare that the so-called "shrine" has no mission to declare itself a "Shrine", nor to present (the parish) with that title, because it has no ecclesiastical mission to present itself in the name of Medjugorje, nor to spread or interpret the "apparitions" and "messages" of Medjugorje.

Commentaries on the "messages": I have already discussed with you and with another vicar, with friar Danko Perutina, who writes and publishes the commentaries on the "messages" issued from the "apparitions" on the 25th of the month. It was said that he receives the "messages" of the "seer" Marija from Italy or from Medjugorje when she is in that location, and then he presents them there, comments on them and publishes them. This is contrary to the decision and request of this Curia, especially after the declaration of 10 June 2006, which was repeated in the parish church on 6 July 2009 (the accompanying homily).

The Cenacolo. After our intervention, on Christmas Day of last year, there are no longer private "apparitions" in the courtyard of the Cenacolo by the alleged "seer" Mirjana Dragićević, married name Soldo, on the second of each month.

The association "Queen of Peace..." I have been informed in our meeting that in the association founded by Tomislav Vlašić at Medjugorje, which equally has no permission to reside in the territory of this diocese, there are some members, men and women, who dress in lay clothes.

The number of prayers. In September 2007, on the occasion of your installation in the office of parish priest, I indicated to you that the so-called "seers" cannot present themselves on any occasion to promote their private "apparitions" and "messages", nor to preside, nor to have anyone preside in their place, at the recitation of a certain number of prayers "received" in an "apparition". Therefore, they cannot use prayers from scripture or those approved by the Church as a means of introducing "numbers" and "messages" from the private "apparition".

The intentions of the rosary. It is equally not permitted to introduce intentions received in an "apparition" or "message" during the prayer of the Rosary of Our Lady. We have sufficient official intentions (from the Pope, from the bishop, for the missions) and there is no need to arbitrarily have recourse to alleged apparitions and messages and mix them with the Church's public prayers.

Anniversaries. It is not permitted that the "seers" be invited and present themselves in the parish church or on any church properties at any time, especially on occasions related to the "apparitions" of Medjugorje, to promote their private "messages" and "apparitions". Therefore, we do not mix the unrecognized with what is recognized, the private with the official, the non-liturgical with the liturgical.

Grateful for what you, together with the other friars of the parish, undertake for the good of souls, and because you know how to clearly separate pastoral care from private "apparitions" and "messages", I greet you with devout respects.

And the second letter:

Letter of the bishop to friar Danko Perutina, parochial vicar of Medjugorje

Mostar, 12 June 2009; Prot. 649/2009

Reverend friar Danko!

After your priestly ordination in 1999 and at the conclusion of your studies, I appointed you, at the suggestion of your religious superiors, in 2000, parochial vicar of Humac. Then, again at the suggestion of your provincial governor, in 2001, vicar of Medjugorje, in 2005 again of Humac, and in 2007 at Medjugorje. In the meantime, you studied and obtained a degree in mariology at Rome.

I write to you in reference to your commentaries on the so-called "messages" and "apparitions" on the 25th day of the month. In an official visit to Medjugorje on the 10 June, I had a conversation with you, with the parish priest friar Petar Vlasic and another vicar present.

In the conversation it became clear that Marija Pavlović, married name Lunetti, daily "seer" who lives in Italy, and temporarily also at Medjugorje, sends to the parish office or to some one of your pastoral workers in the parish of Medjugorje, her "message" of the 25th day of the month, which is then published on the Medjugorje web site and in other mass media. And you regularly make commentary on the monthly "message", which is published in various languages.

When I asked how the "messages" of the 25th were published, and not the other "messages" said to be "private", I did not feel I received a clear and convincing answer. I do not know who has sent and authorized you to comment on them and publish them on the site. What sort of person is assuming the right to decide that some "messages" be omitted and others published, and that this is done through the parish office and the site connected with the parish of Medjugorje?

We are gradually succeeding in distancing the unrecognized "apparitions" and "messages" from the parish church and from church property, and the appearances of the "seers" before or after Holy Mass. In that conversation I reminded you of having asked in 2006, and reconfirmed in 2009 from the altar, that "No priest who works canonically in this parish of Medjugorje or who is here temporarily, is authorized to present his private opinion, contrary to the official position of the Church on the "apparitions and messages", neither at the celebration of the sacraments, or during the regular acts of devotion, nor in the Catholic media." (homily attached).

To avoid any misunderstanding, in this present letter I declare that you, according to my decree, are not authorized, either in the name of the parish office or as parochial vicar, to comment upon and publish the "messages" of the 25th or any other day of the month. These are private "messages" of private persons for private use. And we cannot permit that this is given the form of a message from the parish office, from the parish priest, or any parochial vicar, or even of the "Shrine" which is not recognized as such at any level: not diocesan, or the level of the episcopal conference, or of the Holy See.

Therefore I expect with trust, without any further admonitions, that from now on you will not publish your commentaries, either in the name of the parish office or in your own name, or under a pseudonym, not after the 25th of this month or at all, as long as things continue as is.

I greet you with devout respects.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:37 am

Just received this from Mark W. I used Babel Fish as a translation. We have already seen this in English, French, and Italian and now here it is in German. Notice what the Bishop says to Mark about where he has been. I will post the translation link at the end.

Van: Biskupija Mostar [mailto:biskupija.mostar@gmail.com]
Verzonden: dinsdag 6 oktober 2009 10:47
Aan: Mark Waterinckx
Onderwerp: Re: MEDJUGORJE – Die Daumenschrauben werden angezogen

Dear Mark,

thank you very much for your e-mails

- informations and translations.

God bless you in your "Weg und Werk"

(I was last week in Germany)

+ Ratko.

----- Original Message -----

To: Mark Waterinckx

Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 2:47 PM

Subject: MEDJUGORJE – Die Daumenschrauben werden angezogen

http://www.kreuz.net/image/head1.6.png

Aktuell:

[ « ‹ 1 2 3 4 … › » ]

Mittwoch, 30. September 2009 10:46

Die Daumenschrauben werden angezogen

Am 12. Juni dieses Jahres schickte der zuständige Bischof von Mostar-Duvno einen Brief an den Pfarrer von Medjugorje, Pater Petar Vlašić.

Medjugorje

http://www.kreuz.net/image/magnify.pngMedjugorje

Hochwürdiger Pfarrer, Pater Petar

Nach meiner Visitation vom Mittwoch, dem 10. Juni, in der Pfarrei Medjugorje, in der neun weitere Franziskanerpater mit Dekreten, die von dieser Kurie ausgestellt wurden, mit ihnen die Seelsorge teilen, möchte ich mich jetzt auch noch auf diese Weise auf einige Punkte beziehen.

Da sie der gegenwärtige Pfarrer sind, der als solcher seit September 2007 tätig ist, drücke ich meine ehrliche Dankbarkeit für die saubere Führung der Pfarreibücher und anderer Dokumente aus.

Für einen Pfarrer wie für einen Bischof ist es wesentlich, nicht nur das Munus docendi und das Munus sanctificandi, sondern auch das ihm anvertraute Munus gubernandi gut auszuführen.

Munus docendi (Lehre)
Es gilt weiterhin die Vorschrift, daß auswärtige Priester in der Pfarrei Medjugorje ohne die Genehmigung dieser Kurie keine Einkehrtage, Exerzitien oder Vorträge halten dürfen.

Ebenso dürfen weder auswärtige noch einheimische Priester in der Pfarrkirche oder in kirchlichem Umfeld die angeblichen „Botschaften“ und „Erscheinungen“ verbreiten, die nicht für authentisch erklärt worden sind.

Munus sanctificandi (Liturgie)
Es ist löblich, daß Sie von jedem Priester, der die Heilige Messe in Medjugorje feiern will, das Celebret seines kirchlichen Oberen verlangen und daß sie seit Beginn dieses Jahres alle Konzelebranten in einem besonderen Buch eintragen.

Ebenso haben Sie mir gesagt, daß die Gemeinschaft „Oase des Friedens“ nach dem Einschreiten dieser Kurie vom 15. Dezember 2008 das Allerheiligste nicht mehr privat in ihrer Kapelle aufbewahrt und keine Anbetung mehr hält, die bisher auf eigene Rechnung stattfand.

Als Ordensgemeinschaft hat die Gemeinschaft nicht das Recht, auf dem Gebiet dieser Diözese zu residieren.

Munus gubernandi (Leitung)
Sie haben mich informiert, daß die Kirche in Bijakovići, die seinerzeit von einem ausländischen Gläubigen wegen eines Gelübdes ohne die notwendige Erlaubnis durch die zuständigen kirchlichen Behörden errichtet wurde, gegenwärtig geschlossen ist und in ihr keine liturgischen Handlungen durchgeführt werden.

In der Chronik der Pfarrei haben sie auch mit der richtigen Terminologie all das versucht festzuhalten, was zu der Pfarrei als pastorale Einheit dieser Diözese gehört ohne Rücksicht auf die Geschichten über „Seher“, „Erscheinungen“ und „Botschaften“, die mit dieser Pfarrei verbunden sind.

„Das Phänomen von Medjugorje“
Die Pfarrei Medjugorje darf nicht Sanktuarium genannt werden, nicht privat, nicht öffentlich und nicht offiziell, weil sie auf keiner zuständigen kirchlichen Ebene als solches anerkannt ist.

Diese Bezeichnung darf nicht auf der Webseite von „Medjugorie – Ort des Gebets und der Versöhnung“ aufscheinen, wo man diese gegenwärtig an mehreren Stellen findet. In einer Information der Webseite, auf der nicht einmal zu sehen ist, wer dafür verantwortlich ist, gibt es diesen Hinweis:

„Um jedes Mißverständnis auszuschließen, möchten wir betonen, daß das Sanktuarium niemandem den Auftrag gegeben hat, Medjugorje zu repräsentieren. Das Sanktuarium hat keiner Gemeinschaft oder Person, weder in Medjugorje noch außerhalb beauftragt, die Botschaften der Gospa zu verbreiten oder zu interpretieren. Alle diese Initiativen sind privat und spontan von Gläubigen und Gemeinschaften ausgegangen.“

Aus dieser Information könnte man sogar schließen, daß sich die Webseite selber als „Sanktuarium“ bezeichnet und auch die zuständige Stelle wäre, um die Welt [über Medjugorje] zu unterweisen.

Als Ortsordinarius erklärte ich mit diesem Schreiben, daß das sogenannte „Sanktuarium“ nicht beauftragt ist, sich als „Sanktuarium“ zu bezeichnen.

Von Ihnen und allen Franziskanerpatres, die in der Seelsorge von Medjugorje tätig sind, verlange ich offiziell, die Benennung „Sanktuarium“ nicht zu verwenden und die Pfarrei nicht mit einem solchen Titel zu bezeichnen, weil sie nicht die kirchliche Sendung haben, im Namen von Medjugorje aufzutreten oder die „Erscheinungen“ und „Botschaften“ von Medjugorje zu verbreiten oder zu interpretieren.

Die Kommentierung der „Botschaften“
Ich habe vor Ihnen und einem anderen Vikar mit Pater Danko Perutina gesprochen, der die „Botschaften“ der „Erscheinungen“ des 25. jeden Monats kommentiert und publiziert.

Es wurde gesagt, daß er die „Botschaften“ von der „Seherin“ Marija aus Italien oder aus Medjugorje erhält, wenn sie sich an diesem Ort aufhält, und diese anschließend präsentiert, kommentiert und verbreitet.

Das widerspricht der Entscheidung und der Forderung der Kurie, besonders nach der Erklärung vom 10. Juni 2006, die ich am 6. Juni 2009 in der Pfarrkirche wiederholt habe.

Das Cenalolo
Seit unserem Einschreiten vor Weihnachten des vergangenen Jahres gibt es im Hof des Cenacolo keine privaten „Erscheinungen“ an die angebliche Seherin Mirijana Dragićević, verheiratete Soldo, jeden zweiten Monat.

Die Vereinigung „Kraljice mira“
Ich bin während des Treffens informiert worden, daß es in der „Vereinigung“ des Gründers Tomislav Vlašić in Medjugorje, die ebenfalls keine Erlaubnis besitzt, sich auf dem Gebiet dieser Diözese aufzuhalten, einige männliche und weibliche Mitglieder gibt, die sich zivil kleiden.

Gebete in einer bestimmten Anzahl
Im September 2007, anläßlich ihrer Amtseinführung als Pfarrer, habe ich darauf hingewiesen, daß die sogenannten „Seher“ zu keinem Anlaß in der Kirche auftreten dürfen, um ihre „Erscheinungen“ oder privaten „Botschaften“ zu verbreiten, auch nicht indem sie selber oder jemand an ihrer Stelle, die Rezitierung einer gewissen Anzahl von Gebeten, die in einer „Erscheinung“ „empfangen“ wurden, vornehmen.

Man darf also nicht die von der Kirche anerkannten Gebet des Evangeliums verwenden, um eine gewisse „Quantität von Gebeten“ oder „Botschaften“ der privaten „Erscheinungen“ einzuführen.

Die Intentionen des Rosenkranzes
Es ist auch nicht erlaubt, während der Gebete des marianischen Rosenkranzes in der Kirche Intentionen einzuführen, die in einer „Erscheinung“ oder „Botschaft“ empfangen wurden.

Es gibt genügend offizielle kirchliche Intentionen (des Papstes, der Bischöfe, der Missionen). Es ist nicht notwendig, sich willkürlich auf angebliche Erscheinungen und Botschaften zu beziehen und sie mit den öffentlichen Gebeten der Kirche zu mischen.

Jahrestage
Es ist nicht erlaubt, die „Seher“ oder die „Seherinnen“ zu irgendeiner Zeit – besonders anläßlich der „Erscheinungen“ in Medjugorje in die Pfarrkirche oder in irgendeinem kirchlichen Rahmen einzuladen, damit sie ihre privaten „Botschaften“ und „Erscheinungen“ verbreiten.

Wir wollen folglich das Nicht-Anerkannte nicht mit dem Anerkannten, das Private nicht mit dem Offiziellen und das Nicht-Liturgische nicht mit dem Liturgischen mischen.

Dankbar für das, was sie zusammen mit den anderen Patres dieser Pfarrei für das Wohl der Seelen unternehmen, und weil sie klar zwischen der Seelsorge der „Erscheinungen“ und den privaten „Botschaften“ unterscheiden, grüße ich Sie mit Hochachtung.

+ Bischof Ratko Peric von Mostar-Duvno

ENGLISH

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:51 am

PART ll

Hello everyone,

I have received an email back from Bishop Peric who was in Germany last week. He says we can expect official English and German translations on his diocesan website soon of his lengthy 3-part statement: Medjugorje Context.

Until then, Richard Chonak of Catholic Light has been making it available in English from the Italian found on the diocesan website. He has completed Part 2: What is Our Lady's Birthday (it is claimed that the alleged apparition has a different birthday than what the Church has long celebrated)

http://catholiclight.stblogs.org/archiv ... -cont.html

Part 1 is available here: http://catholiclight.stblogs.org/archiv ... f-the.html

Part 3 - the two letters with directives to pastor and parochial vicar in Medjugorje: http://catholiclight.stblogs.org/archiv ... tives.html

Many of us believe that any statement out of the Holy See will undoubtedly point to these diocesan documents. A December 2008 article in portuguese explains that the Commission, made up of 30 people, which has been working discretely for 3 years now is expected to conclude by the end of 2009. (The blog copies an original article which I have not yet tracked down)

http://arquivoetc.blogspot.com/2008/12/ ... e-sob.html

God bless

Diane

http://te-deum.blogspot.com

http://medjugorjedocuments.blogspot.com