Apparition in Glendale?

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

Apparition in Glendale?

Post by Denise » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:12 am

Published: August 4, 2010

“I cannot explain what happened”
Thousands drawn to Glendale house where statue of Mary allegedly cries, sheds oil, moves fingers

Thousands of visitors have been converging on a home in the suburban Los Angeles city of Glendale to view a small statue of the Virgin Mary said to shed tears and move its fingers, the Glendale News-Press reports.

“For the past two weeks, Glendale residents and visitors from Boston, New Jersey and elsewhere have come to Anahid Sallakian's single-family home to pray to a Virgin Mary statuette that's elicited tears and prayers,” the News-Press reported on Aug. 2. “It's been covered in oil.”

The statue sits on a fireplace mantle, with crucifixes and bouquets of flowers “left by worshipers from across the U.S.,” the newspaper reported. Some visitors have reported seeing the statue move its fingers or weep.

The alleged incidents started at 10:30 p.m. on July 19 “when Sallakian was praying in her living room,” the News-Press reported. “She said she saw a star on the Mary statue, and when she touched it, her hand was covered in oil.”

Since then, after news of the purported apparition spread, the house, located in a largely Armenian neighborhood, has been inundated with thousands of visitors, the newspaper said.

"For 15 days, I couldn't do anything in my house," Sallakian told the News-Press. "I couldn't cook or anything. I cannot explain what happened."

“Representatives from the Los Angeles Archdiocese did not respond to requests for comment,” said the newspaper.

Most apparitions in the form of weeping statues have been found by the Vatican to be hoaxes. Only one such apparition -- Our Lady of Akita -- has ever been determined to be genuine by Church authorities.

to read the comments or reply to this, click HERE
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales