Apparitions at Local Shrine Investigated/APPROVED

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

Apparitions at Local Shrine Investigated/APPROVED

Post by Denise » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Catholic Diocese Investigates Apparitions at New Franken Shrine

Apparitions at Local Shrine Investigated

After a two-year investigation, the Catholic Diocese of Green Bay is set to release its findings about apparitions at an area shrine.

If the apparitions are decreed true, it would be an extremely rare occurrence.

For more than 150 years the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help, outside New Franken, has been the sight of some amazing, supernatural accounts.

In 1859, a young Belgian woman reported the Mother Mary appeared to her here on three separate occasions, and the shrine was established.

Twelve years later, it's where everyone fled to during the Peshtigo Fire, praying for safety.

"The rains came during the night, stopped the fire, and it was when dawn broke the next day they witnessed what had happened. Everything around this spot as far as you could see in any direction was nothing but ashes," shrine caretaker Karen Tipps says.

For the past 18 years, Tipps and her husband have been caretakers of the shrine owned by the Green Bay diocese.

She says over the years there have been hundreds of stories of people coming to the shrine and being healed. Old crutches and canes were left behind.

"They know, the doctors know, but it's just now the point some of those need to be documented," Tipps says.

During a 10 o'clock mass this coming Wednesday morning, Bishop David Ricken will announce if the shrine is formally declared an apparition sight of the Virgin Mary.

If he does, it will be the only apparition ever approved by decree in the United States.
Last edited by Denise on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

June D

Post by June D » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:11 pm

It was decreed as a TRUE apparition site! :D

June D

Post by June D » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Oops. Spelling error. It has been officially DECLARED as a TRUE apparition site!

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:48 pm

And here it is on the Diocesan site

http://www.gbdioc.org/newsevents/news/8 ... elief.html
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:13 pm

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page I posted above you will find the link to the Shrine. Notice that Our Lady only appeared three times, not thousands; also notice that she didn't say thousands of words but a few. When apparitions are actually that of Our Lady, she makes her point quickly, simply and effectivly! What a difference in a true apparition and a false one!

Thank you Jesus!

June D

Post by June D » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:47 pm

I haven't been there. I will now that it has been approved! The reason I haven't gone is because I didn't want the same thing that happened last time I went some place and that was Necedah, WI. I was still learning at that time. So... when I do go, I will let you know in advance. I will light a candle candle for anyone that wishes. Hows that! God Bless!!!

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:19 pm

Sounds great June. I am jealous that you are so close to the Shrine. 8-)

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:17 am

June D

Post by June D » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Thanks Denise! God Bless!!!

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:12 am

First and ONLY Marian apparitions in the USA to be approved. ONLY!
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:29 am

Isn't this great? JB, will you try to go to the shrine?

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:07 pm

I'm not as close to WI as I used to be. Perhaps in the spring or summer if the minivan is functioning properly I'll try to make the drive.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:38 am

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:26 pm

that is a happy thing. It brought a smile to my day. :)
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

~ Mother Angelica