Therese Neumann

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

JeniR

Therese Neumann

Post by JeniR » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:25 pm

Has anyone heard of this woman? Does anyone know if the Church has investigated her life? I saw a book at Half Price Books the other day that I was thinking about purchasing, but to be honest, it scared me! The book had pictures of her bleeding from her eyes, hands, feet etc. The witnesses around her said that she experienced the Passion every Friday.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here knows about her.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:47 pm

Stated quite simply....YES she is approved. The Msgr. that married Stephen and I actually gave her Communion in WWII. I read of her when I was about 14 years old and was astonished, especially by the photos of her. I was so young and seeing blood come from someone's eyes, well, that just struck me to the core of my heart. Whew!

Blessings
Denise

THERESE NEUMANN of Konnersreuth, East Germany, was sent by God to fight against the atheistic Communists, the Evolutionists, and Hitler. She received visions from early childhood, but in 1926 she received the stigmata and began to see the Passion of Our Lord. The stigmata remained with her the rest of her life, and she bled from the wounds and her eyes as she saw Christ Crucified. The entire life of Christ was seen by her and documented in volumes of testimony. She lived for years on nothing but Holy Communion. She had the gift of discernment. She prophesied things that have already come to pass.

JeniR

Post by JeniR » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:03 pm

What do you mean approved and where can I read it for myself?

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:32 pm

Ok, I will try and find the approval of the local bishop. I mean that it has approval and is proven by the church that her stigmata is authentic as well the prophecies.

Denise

Lori

Post by Lori » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:47 pm

Just to expand a little on what it means to be approved.

To say that a devotion is approved means that the competent authorities in the Church have done extensive research and have found that the devotion is true and does not contain anything dangerous to the Faith.

The competent authorities are the local ordinaries/bishops where the devotion developed.

In the case of Our Lady of Guadalupe, the local bishop where the appartions and miracles happened, gave permission to the faithful to develop devotion.

So if you find a book regarding a catholic devotion you should be able to find the Imprimatur of the local bishop. Make sure it is the local bishop and not a retired bishop from Timbuktu. I have seen "false devotions" with impimaturs from bishops who were not the local ordinary and that therefore did not have any authority to approve or disapprove the devotion. I don't know why a retired bishop would do such a thing but there are many things that I don't understand that bishops do.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:48 pm

Jeni, another thing you can do while I search is to look in the front of the book for the approval information.
Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:13 pm

Ok, In 2005, Gerhard Ludwig Müller, Bishop of Regensburg, formally opened the proceedings for her beatification. ... You can go to their official site. Then you can write to the diocese and they will tell you what you want to know. For that you can go to a German translation engine and translate from English to German what you want to ask. Keep it simple like

Subject: Theresa Neumann

Greetings Excellency,

Does the case of Teresa Neumann have Church approval?

Something along those lines. Nothing is better than getting it straight from the Bishop's own mouth.. Here is the contact information straight to the Bishop himself

Niedermünstergasse 1
93047 Regensburg
Telefon: 0941/597-1401
Fax: 0941/597-1400
E-Mail: sekretariat.bischof@bistum-regensburg.de

http://www.bistum-regensburg.de/default.asp

I did a search on the Diocese web site on Neumann and this came up.
http://www.bistum-regensburg.de/default.asp

Denise

JeniR

Post by JeniR » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:38 am

Denise and Lori,

Thank you for all the input! This makes much more sense. I will look into this further.