Confessions of A Former Medjugorje Believer

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

KevinSymonds

Confessions of A Former Medjugorje Believer

Post by KevinSymonds » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:55 am

Hello Everyone,
-I just wanted to post my conversion story about how I used to believe in Medjugorje and what led me to reject it. It is on my web site:

http://www.kevinsymonds.com/Medjugorje/medpilg.html

Let me know what you think.

Peace!
-KJS

KevinSymonds

Re: Confessions of A Former Medjugorje Believer

Post by KevinSymonds » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:25 am

Michael Brown has really botched it this time. I think it's about time someone do something about his lies and deceptions. This article is filled with a ton of atrocities and slights of hand. Let's see how much can be done against it.

Peace!
-Kevin

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:33 am

Kevin, I removed that link to Michael Brown. Can you just post some key statements that he made in the article and with your wisdom, debunk as you go along...if you have time of course.

God bless
Denise

maryg

Post by maryg » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:49 am

Hi-
I just wanted to reply to Kevin's article. I have never posted anything on any forum.

I, too, am a former Medjugorje believer. I have also been a frequent visitor to Michael Brown's website and realized recently that he is doing more harm than good.

I went to Medjugorje once in 1991. I believed, but I had some problems with some of the "messages." It wasn't until the alleged "apparitions" went on for almost 20 years that I started to have real doubts. I read two books (by Michael Davies and E. Michael Jones) that really opened my eyes. I also frequented Unity Publishing on the web.

I pretty much pushed Medjugorje out of my mind for several years. I did, however, pay some attention to a few people who were supposedly receiving private revelations. One of these people made me feel somewhat uncomfortable. I searched the internet for anything on discerning apparitions and revelations. I came up with an excellent article by Father Peter Joseph called "Apparitions: True and False." This article was a tremendous help to me. It actually lists what the "enemy" is capable of. I subsequently abandoned all interest in revelations that had not been approved by the church. I came to realize how harmful all of this is.

In reading about apparition discernment, my discomfort with Medjugorje re-emerged. I have been hoping and praying for several months that the church would attempt to silence the alleged "seers" at Medjugorje in a very public way (so that everyone would hear it). I never dreamed it would happen so fast. This is a complicated situation, though. I do not expect the pro-Medjugorje crowd to back down. And, that includes Michael Brown.

I just wanted to support Kevin's position. I share your views wholeheartedly!

God Bless,
maryg

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:23 am

Hi Mary, I am so happy you joined us. Welocme to the forums at semperficatholic.

Thanks for your post. I have Fr. Joseph's writing you speak of in the Useful Information section of the forum. He also has written the forward to Donal Foley's new book.

You are a wise discerner Mary! Some people are not so blessed with that gift and e should pray for them.

God bless you
Denise

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:14 pm

Mary,
-Welcome to the Forum! Thank you for your kind words. That essay, actually, is slated to be revised, updated and expanded for a publication at Franciscan University of Steubenville. I expect it to be quite the eye-opener.

-I am working on a commentary to Michael Brown's recent article on Medjugorje and Rome. If you would like to preview it (hopefully Denise won't get rid of the link, :lol: ), please visit my page:

http://www.kevinsymonds.com/Medjugorje/medcontro.html

Peace!
-KJS

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:51 pm

(hopefully Denise won't get rid of the link

:P :lol: No, I think it is an approved one.

maryg

commentary on Michael Brown article

Post by maryg » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:19 pm

Kevin-

Your commentary on the Michael Brown article is very well done.

Good luck with your essay at Franciscan University. I know that they promote Medjugorje. It will be interesting to see how it is received.

God bless you-
maryg

KevinSymonds

Re: commentary on Michael Brown article

Post by KevinSymonds » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:28 pm

maryg wrote:Kevin-

Your commentary on the Michael Brown article is very well done.

Good luck with your essay at Franciscan University. I know that they promote Medjugorje. It will be interesting to see how it is received.

God bless you-
maryg
That commentary is not done just yet. I would like to put some finishing touches on it as well as put a proper ending to it.

Franciscan University is one of the biggest supporters of Medjugorje this side of the Atlantic. The Stations of the Cross that are on the side of the campus are cut from the same mold as those in Medjugorje upon Mt. Krizevac. There are only two sets in the whole world--Medj. and F.U.S. Does that tell of the ringing connection or what?

Peace!
-KJS

KevinSymonds

Re: commentary on Michael Brown article

Post by KevinSymonds » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:50 pm

I think it is finally finished. Some of the additions are quite hard and heavy and I beg the Lord's mercy if I have sinned against charity.

Medjugorje

maryg

Michael Brown

Post by maryg » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:32 pm

Michael Brown is at it again with an article today about the establishment of a new commission to study Medjugorje. He states that "there has not yet been an official Church judgement on Medjugorje." Brown states "the issue may end up in the hands of Pope Benedict XVI himself." He also says that the current pope is "less prone to mysticism than John Paul II" and is "more wary of apparitions."

Sounds to me like he is getting everyone ready in the event that Pope Benedict has to step in and shut Medjugorje down. Then, everyone can attribute a negative decision to Pope Benedict's more reserved attitude about apparitions in general!

Check it out and let me know what you think. There is a lot more in the article that I don't have the time or energy to tackle right now.
I'm just flabbergasted!

KevinSymonds

Re: Michael Brown

Post by KevinSymonds » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:01 am

MaryG,
-You don't have to worry about clobbering it. I took the liberty of writing it up yesterday and placing it on my site.

http://www.kevinsymonds.com/Medjugorje/ ... rown1.html

I should give you fair warning, this commentary is not for the faint of heart. I don't take qualm to call this man a liar and a deceiver.

Also, I have finally decided to post my E-mail conversation with Michael Brown. I recommend it to be read first as it will tell an important fact in the mind of Michael Brown that betrays the rest of his thoughts--he refuses to listen to the Pope!!

http://www.kevinsymonds.com/Medjugorje/ ... brown.html

Of course, the index page for my Medjugorje writings can be found at:

http://www.kevinsymonds.com/Med.html

Peace!
-Kevin

KevinSymonds

Re: Michael Brown

Post by KevinSymonds » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:24 am

Also, would you mind too terribly if I weaned into this latest commentary your point about Brown cutting off the Pope in preparation for negative judgment? That is a phenomenal point that needs to be stated more publicly.

Peace!
-KJS

maryg

michael brown

Post by maryg » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:27 am

Kevin-

I read your commentary. Again, it is well done. Please feel free to add anything to it.

Thanks for responding to my post. It helps me to know I am not alone in what I am thinking.

God bless,
Mary G

KevinSymonds

Re: michael brown

Post by KevinSymonds » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:35 pm

maryg wrote:Thanks for responding to my post. It helps me to know I am not alone in what I am thinking.
You are far from alone, Mary, although I will admit that we may be few in numbers.

I was just talking with a student today about Medjugorje. I am very sad to see how the propaganda machine has led people to believe in Medjugorje hook, line and sinker. You mention obedience to the Bishop of Mostar and it is like kryptonite to Superman.

Peace!
-KJS