Anne the "lay apostle"

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

Anne the "lay apostle"

Post by Denise » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:47 pm

This is a very extensive thread on this woman and the person did a really thorough investigation into this case. You can see by the emails back and forth between the author and the man "with the plan", that this "man with the plan" ate his words and contradicted himself all over the place and certainly must have never read Canon Law. It doesn't take a house to fall on you to see that this can't be good.

Thread on so-called lay apostle

Lori

Post by Lori » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:33 am

I knew you could find the thread. Thanks for posting it.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:45 am

Little sister, I have that thread bookmarked. :wink: I knew it would come up, they all do.

Denise

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:25 am

Wait a minute, Rick had this on his web site, did he not?

I'll be sure to forward this to the University.

-KJS

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:56 am

I sent it to Rick months ago when I found it. He did mention that he might put it on his site. I don't know if he did or not.

I hope and pray it does any good to send it to the University. They seems to be "stuck on stubborn" concerning other things.

Denise

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:06 pm

Proposed Letter to the University:

Concerning Franciscan University
And Sensationalism
Kevin J. Symonds

10-14-06 A.D.

Dear Editor,
I would like to offer a thought regarding the recent visit of the alleged visionary ‘Anne.’ What I would like to address is a common theme that I’ve noticed at Franciscan and which spans at least two decades. I refer to the quest for the extraordinary or sensational.
I have noticed that quite a lot of people at the University have what seems to be an insatiable desire to seek the extraordinary or sensational in religious affairs. The recent visit of ‘Anne’ demonstrated this well. When she spoke in Christ the King chapel, it was to a packed house. So packed, in fact, that the chapel office was impelled to open the curtain separating the side chapel from the main body.
This is disturbing because I’ve seen numerous important events such as academic and spiritual lectures go by poorly attended by students. Even the September 11th prayer service the University held did not see such a turn out. Given these things, I find it curious when someone who claims to have visions that are under scrutiny somehow gets the attention of a packed chapel.
At an academic institution of higher learning, this strikes me as being particularly shameful. It is shameful because it seems as if the attendance at ‘Anne’s’ lecture is a sign of where our treasure is. If I am correct in my ruminations, then it is safe to say that the University mindset isn’t with the mind of the Church. Pope Benedict commented on October 4th, “The figure of Saint Bartholomew remains before us to tell us that deep adhesion to Jesus can be lived and witnessed even without the achievement of sensational works".
Sensational works. I can not help but wonder if this is something that people come to Franciscan seeking at least in part and in some way. If so, then it is a display of poor discernment on many levels. Indeed, it strikes me that the problem is much larger of which ‘Anne’s’ lecture was only a symptom. That larger problem is something inherent to the campus culture—seeking after extraordinary gifts or revelations.
Let me ask the following questions. Do we really need to attend an alleged visionary’s lecture who tells us the same thing that many of our priests on campus daily tell us at our three Masses? Is not the Sacred Liturgy—Jesus Christ present Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity—enough for us? Why attend an alleged visionary’s lecture in the same packed fashion as we do at Daily Mass? Where does our treasure as a University lay?
If Franciscan University truly practiced what it preached of itself, there’d be a drastic shift in focus and practice. Students would have better attendance at academic and spiritual lectures, not because an alleged visionary is giving it, but because the student is here to further their academic education.
Perhaps the reader of this letter is upset to some degree. I am not attacking anyone much less making a judgment as to why they were at ‘Anne’s’ lecture. My intention is to offer a simple and broad observation upon something that we as a University need to look upon in self-reflection to better ourselves.
-Kevin Symonds
KevinJ@kevinsymonds.com
www.kevinsymonds.com

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:05 pm

Denise et al,
-The original link no longer works. I have managed to find the thread again and so here is a new link:

http://www.catholic-forum.com/forums/sh ... php?t=3296

Was it not also on Rick's site?

-KJS

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:24 pm

Kevin, when I sent this all to Rick I think he did put it on his site. I am not able to find it though. Maybe you can email him and ask where it is.

Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:37 pm

Denise,
-You've had it on the forum since July 4th of 2006:

http://www.semperficatholic.com/forum/v ... php?t=2315

It is on Rick's site under the title, "The False Imprimatur."

http://www.unitypublishing.com/Appariti ... rFalse.htm

Peace!
-Kevin

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:47 pm

Thanks Kevin!

denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales