Some good news

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

Some good news

Post by Denise » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:27 pm

I would like to announce that Guadalupe Radio was contacted about a book they were offering on their website that was on Medjugorje. The book has been removed. Three cheers for Guadalupe Radio!

I have no clue who the person is that advertises the books there but maybe the authority over the station might want to check into the person's" agenda or lack of knowledge".

They were also contacted about one of their quotes of the day, a quote by someone who the Church has sent out an official warning about.The station website has also removed that quote and has decided to stick to saints, popes and persons in the Church with reputations for being faithful.

May God bless Guadalupe Radio.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:47 am

way to go sis...i wonder how much you had to do with that ;) lol
go faith warrior
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:50 am

Lori and I tackled it. She made some phone calls and I sent a few emails and actually it was pretty easy to do. The person we contacted is a man of good will and he is trying his best to keep everything in line with the teachings of the Church.

sis

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:15 am

way to go girls...keep up the good work
marie

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:18 pm

Now the next one--get a hold of Archbishop Chaput and tell him that Medjugorje is coming to his Diocese in early February.

-KJS

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:38 pm

Okee dokee, will do!

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:11 am

go sis gooooo lol

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:09 am

KevinSymonds wrote:Now the next one--get a hold of Archbishop Chaput and tell him that Medjugorje is coming to his Diocese in early February.

-KJS
kev, i recall a couple of years ago (i think...and sis will recall this), a friend from the usa informed me that one of the alleged 'seers' was coming to melbourne and will be giving talks.

in shock i rang the archdiocese and spoke to our archbishops secretary. Her response was that the archbishop had no knowledge of any alleged "seer' coming from medj to talk in any of our churches.....and also that any priest found allowing something that the Holy See has not allowed, will be summoned and made accountable....they were her exact words.

i wonder if the good archbishop knows anything about this or was it organised at a lay parish level?

hopefully sis can set the parish straight.
marie

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:16 pm

Marie, I don't know if this is what you are referring to or not. It is so refreshing to see an Archbishop, now Cardinal, protect his flock from the wolves.

Cardinal Pell truly cares about his flock and the Church as a whole. What affects one member of the body affects the whole body. We all belong to the same Universal Church and when we see our brothers and sisters in Christ in harms way, we have to speak out, it is our duty and obligation, no matter what country or city they are living in. We all belong to the One, True, Apostolic, Church. Those who disagree would be trying to create their own church, seperate from the Universal Church.

AUSTRALIA - Archbishop George Pell of Sydney has refused to allow Vicka Mijatovic-Ivankovic, 38, one of the six alleged Medjugorje visionaries, to speak in any Church building during a visit to his country, because her claims have been refuted by the bishops of former Yugoslavia. The archbishop feared that if he allowed her to address Catholics from Church property he would be giving official sanction to claims that were rejected by Mrs Mijatovic-Ivankovic's local bishops, whose function it was to determine their authenticity. [Catholic Herald - quoted in Catholic Family Newsletter 3 November 2002]

Today being the feast of St. Francis de Sales, again let me quote him.
It is an act of charity to cry out against the wold when he is among the sheep.

Many "religious" and "people" in the world have made progress in the spiritual life without much prayer, but without obedience they have never made a single step.
St Francis de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:05 pm

sis thats exactly wot i was referring to....couldnt recall the name of the alleged "seer" though.
thanks for posting
m7