Site review by Catholic Culture

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

Site review by Catholic Culture

Post by Denise » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:58 pm

Site Review for
Marian Times
http://www.marian-times.com/

RATINGS
Fidelity: DANGER! || Resources: Fair || Useability: Normal
First Evaluated: 01/17/07

DESCRIPTION
This site exists to promote the unapproved apparitions at Medjugorje. These apparitions have been disapproved by two successive bishops who are the competent authority. Unless and until an official statement is made in favor of the supernatural origin of the apparitions it is best to concentrate on apparitions which have been approved, such as Fatima.

On the official website of the Bishop of Mostar, under Medjugorje, Bishop Peric says,

"So many invalid sacraments, so much disobedience, violence, sacrilege, disorder, irregularities, and not a single "message" from tens of thousands of "apparitions" has been directed towards eliminating these scandals. A very strange thing indeed!

The Church, from the local to supreme level, from the beginning to this very day, has clearly and constantly repeated: Non constat de supernaturalitate! No to pilgrimages that would ascribe a supernatural nature to the apparitions, no shrine of the Madonna, no authentic messages nor revelations, no true visions!"

For more information from Catholic Culture's Library see the following articles and news stories:

Regarding Medjugorje

Bishop of Medjugorje . . . Declares Apparitions Are Not Real

Medjugorje apparition claims are divisive, bishop warns

STRENGTHS
None Reported.

WEAKNESSES
· Entire site promotes unapproved apparition (Fidelity)
· Most of the site's content is taken from other sites (Resources)

Read the actual review

NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:04 am

Sounds like this review site is very, very good.

-KJS

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:06 am

You've also been trashed on Marian Times, Denise:

http://www.marian-times.com/articles/me ... ugorje.cfm

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:04 pm

Being trashed? You must be doing something right... ;)
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:57 pm

I won't respond in any fashion and all I will say is I have been trashed with the best of the "obedient" ones. :D

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:02 pm

PS..... no one was banned and no transcript had to be "saved". Anyone is free to come and read but not anyone is free to post. Also, there is a warning to those who want to come here and argue the matter against the Bishop of Mostar.

Lori

Post by Lori » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:53 pm

Well semperficatholic.com is appearing to make headway. You know you are succeeding when the "other" team takes notice. And who exactly are the two teams? I believe we could called them:

Obedient VS. DISOBEDIENT!

Wow, what a great day for Semperficatholic! I am so excited. :mrgreen:

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:52 pm

I've thought of writing a response, but I really don't think it would happen quick. This Baylis guy needs some help.

-KJS

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:08 pm

Kevin, just leave it alone. Fr.O'Brien told me to ignore this kind of thing and to do as Jesus did; speak the truth and don't allow the reactions and emotions of others to ruin my day...Jesus didn't let it ruin His and just went on about His Father's work.

Concerning Medjugorje,Fr. O'Brien said not to talk to walls and that unless someone allows grace to come in, there is no convincing them otherwise. We can't change the way people think we can only put the information out there and they can accept it or reject it.

Blessings
Denise