New "alleged stigmatist" awaits his Lenten torment

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:40 pm

yup nothing out of the ordinary....i kept probing for anything profound that "Jesus" was supposed to have told him...but nothing except the two things i mentioned in the other posts. There was some comments on the sunday homily which werent as good as our parish priests homily...nor were they specific according to what i heard relayed back to me. (this woman has degrees in theology and pastoral care )

sis the title of this original post was in february...so at the time he was 'awaiting lent'....etc i just continued from here because to show some feedback of what those here witnessed.

we are awaiting the response from apostolic nunciature (recall our nuncio Arch de Paoli (requiescat in pace) passed away not too long ago and the office has not been filled yet...so this could take some time...but they will be contacting rome about these visits.

back to elia, the reports are that he dies on good friday then comes back to life.

the parishioner mentioned that his "wounds were bandaged" so no one got to see anything, but every friday they are supposed to open and bleed then start closing and healing by sunday"

i'm keen to get more info on him but there doesnt seem to be much around except that cathnews report and his own website which promotes him

in answer to my question why he is giving public appearances when rome has not given the ok....one parishioner said that "jesus" told him to go out and restore a monastery so he's going around (and yes they did ask for donations at the gathering)....

thing is that they're likening him to st francis.
gotta run...work time
blessings
marie
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

mikel

New "alleged stigmatist" awaits his Lenten torment

Post by mikel » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:02 am

I saw Fra' Elia (Br Elijah) speaking in Melbourne. After his talk he blessed everyone in a packed church. A few people detected a beautiful fragrance at the blessing and a few more received words of counselling. I drive a bus and the Friday afterwards I noticed that someone was wearing an exquisite perfume. I thought nothing more unitl an hour or two later (with a totally different group of passengers) the fragrance returned. It wasn't until the next day that I realized that on Fridays Fra Eliah's wounds are open!
However, I must say that the crown of thorns on Wednesday is quite odd. It would fit on a Friday.
At the sunset of life we shall be judged on our love.
- St John of the Cross

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:37 am

welcome to the forum mike and thanks for your input.

from the feedback received......those i spoke to stated that there was no fragrance......one woman he prayed over for healing wasnt healed straight away......she was told it could take up to a week. Out of a packed church for healing, not one has reported back that they have been healed.

I followed up today with one lady i know and still no healing (after several weeks).

if you hear anything else, please keep us informed.

blessings
marie

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:45 am

mikel wrote:I saw Fra' Elia (Br Elijah) speaking in Melbourne.
from information recieved elia is not a "Br." as he left the monastery under speculation either that he was told to leave by his superiors because he didnt get along with the others or that he himself chose not to continue and complete his vows, because again, he didnt get along with others.

He has reportedly made his 'own' order (not approved by the Holy See) and is travelling to collect money to fix up an old monastery donated....again against the Church authorities directions not to go public until they investigate his claims.

His "order" i think is called "the apostles of God".....i'll get back to you on that

theres heaps of info on him from rome on the net, however its in italian and unfortunately my italian isnt that good lol

ps do u speak italian?

blessings
marie

mikel

Post by mikel » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:10 am

You can get a (very) crude translation from translating sites.
What are the links - I might try that.
- St John of the Cross

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:26 am

Hi Mike, welcome.

The most important question here and one that when answered, should be obeyed. Satan has a field day when his puppets are disobedient to the Church and Her authority.

What does the bishop say?

Even satan can produce a fragrance. :wink:

http://www.unitypublishing.com/answers.html#9
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

mikel

Post by mikel » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:30 pm

I believe he has the support of his bishop. Yes, this is important.
- St John of the Cross

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:35 pm

Mike, I don't think so. If there is an approval in the Diocese he is from there will be an approval letter from the Bishop. No one can produce one, can you?

This chap believes in UFOs, which doesn't make him a very good candidate for the saintly life. In other words, he is not credible at all.

Blessings
Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:57 pm

If this guy isn't priest, he has no right 'blessing' people.

-KJS

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:44 pm

hi all,

the below comments are from the second post on elia on this forum section.

Mike i'll paste those links in italian for you when i'm on my computer as they are not saved on this one.
Meanwhile an italian parishioner gets the italian newspaper and says that in italy, there is quite the controversy surrounding elia and his proposed 'new order' and the Vatican is right to be cautious.
Instead, his appearance was cancelled at the last minute by the Catholic Church, which is growing increasingly fearful about the rapid spread of Brother Elia's fame.

"We had to turn away 33 coaches of people," said a spokesman for the Apostles of God, the religious movement established by Brother Elia in 2003. "The whole of the south of Italy wanted to see him, but an order came down from the regional church that the permission for the meeting had been withdrawn."

The Vatican is reported to have asked Brother Elia not to give interviews or to hold any public religious services until it has made up its mind on the veracity of his stigmata.
blessings
marie

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:48 pm

MarieT wrote: The Vatican is reported to have asked Brother Elia not to give interviews or to hold any public religious services until it has made up its mind on the veracity of his stigmata.
[/quote]

as we have not had any statement from rome thata decision has been reached on elia, then we can only assume that elia has disobediantly disregarded the church's directive to him.
blessings
marie

mikel

Post by mikel » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:31 pm

So he agreed to cancel his appearance. Doesn't sound like disobedience.
- St John of the Cross

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:33 am

mikel wrote:So he agreed to cancel his appearance. Doesn't sound like disobedience.
hiya mike,

....he didnt agree to cancel his appearance....the order turned the people away after the higher church directive came thru...

timeline then shows elia leaves the order....under controversial circumstances...

he's travelling the world, giving public appearances, asking for donations to build up this monastery for a new order that hasnt been approved by Rome.

is it reasonable to "assume" a touch of disobediance here?
The Vatican is reported to have asked Brother Elia not to give interviews or to hold any public religious services until it has made up its mind on the veracity of his stigmata.
blessings
marie

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:23 pm