Greek Orthodox Vision of St. Michael?

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

KevinSymonds

Greek Orthodox Vision of St. Michael?

Post by KevinSymonds » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:27 am

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/08/17/North ... cle_.shtml
Despite Tsalickis' miraculous recovery, it took some time to get the shrine under way. The archdiocese discouraged the plan because church officials worried it would become a second church that would draw members from the city's Greek Orthodox church.

Maria Tsalickis decided she would rather displease the archdiocese than a saint, so she started the project.
What say you?

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:00 am

Maria Tsalickis decided she would rather displease the archdiocese than a saint, so she started the project.
tsk tsk tsk

Well, this statement blows the whole thing straight to where an icecream cone won't keep, and leaves no question as to its legitimacy.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:03 am

During the night, the boy began mumbling. "I have just seen St. Michael," he told his mother. The angel wanted his family to build a shrine in Tarpon Springs. In return, he would cure the boy's illness
sounds fishy to me...i'm sure st michael has more pressing duties then asking for more shrines to be built for him. i dont buy the 'make a shrine and i'll cure you in return' thingy.....

recall the cry of st michael when sate dared challenge God...."who is like God !"

marie
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

JeniR

Post by JeniR » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:24 pm

Remember when the Blessed Mother asked Saint Juan Diego to build a church and the Bishop said no? Saint Diego went back to Blessed Mother and TOLD her what the Bishop said. She then gave him a sign to give the Bishop and sent him back to once again make her case. Surely Saint Michael would have done this?
And so , with every beat of my heart, I thank You, my God, for your great mercy towards me.~Saint Faustina~