Medjugorje Hoax

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

MaggieH

Medjugorje Hoax

Post by MaggieH » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:52 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denise,
Is this true, or just propaganda?

Saturday Evening, August 24, 2002
Zagreb Daily Newspaper,
"The Vercernji List"

Headline Reads:
"A Surprising Gesture From the Vatican. The Pope JPII Thanks Father Jozo for Medjugorje!"

The cover photo was taken when the Holy Father welcomed Fr. Jozo in 1992, in the midst of the Bosnian war. At that time the Pope told him: "I am with you, protect Medjugorje! Protect Our Lady's messages!"

Web site for "The Vercernji List"

http://www.vecernji-list.hr

:!:It seems JPII said, 'protect Our Lady's message

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:54 am

:lol: That is so funny and such a lie. From Unity Publishing
The worst lie that these priests and bishops promote is that the Pope said this or that, or that the Vatican has taken over this or that. This is the lie promoted at Medjugorje. I personally made a trip to the Vatican in the mid eighties and talked to Cardinal Gagnon about statements attributed to the Holy Father. Cardinal Gagnon, who was dinning a couple of times a week with the Holy Father, said that "Pope John Paul II has never made a positive statement about Medjugorje."
There is also a statement in the apparitions forum from the then cardinal Ratzinger that was published in a German publication where he states that any words attributed to he and PJPII are lies.

Blessings
Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MaggieH

Post by MaggieH » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:10 pm

Denise wrote::lol: That is so funny and such a lie. From Unity Publishing
The worst lie that these priests and bishops promote is that the Pope said this or that, or that the Vatican has taken over this or that. This is the lie promoted at Medjugorje. I personally made a trip to the Vatican in the mid eighties and talked to Cardinal Gagnon about statements attributed to the Holy Father. Cardinal Gagnon, who was dinning a couple of times a week with the Holy Father, said that "Pope John Paul II has never made a positive statement about Medjugorje."
There is also a statement in the apparitions forum from the then cardinal Ratzinger that was published in a German publication where he states that any words attributed to he and PJPII are lies.

Blessings
Denise

Denise,
If I give you a link to a Catholic Website I go on , would you be able to give your input as well. I started a Thread under MEDJUGORJE HOAX.
I am under the name of Julian, who is my husband.
the link is
http://www.totalcatholic.com/discuss/vi ... f=2&t=3161

If you have time, I will greatly appriciate you helping out with your input as well.
Many thanks
Maggie

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:43 pm

Wow, looks like you are doing a pretty good job. :D From those who support Medj., you will hear the same old drivel. People get their information from pro Medj. sites and the messages and totally ignore the Bishop, the Church, and canon Law.

When the head of this beast comes off, it will come off all at once. This is a very important year, the 150th Anniversary of Lourdes. This true apparition will be attacked and false aparitions will work real hard to try and push Lourdes into the background. Hang on and watch. Medj. is a distraction from the truth.

Keep up the good work. With the resources here and at Unity Publishing as well as other great sites, you should be able to answer anything thrown at you.

Look at this page and you will find documents even by other bishops and a lot of helpful information.

Blessings
Denise
Last edited by Denise on Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MaggieH

Post by MaggieH » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:15 am

I got these Letters here from another site purported to be from JPII

as evidence of his approval and blessings of the Medj. messages.

JPII wrote:

December 8, 1992 (this letter was written in the pope’s own handwriting) :

“Dear Mr. and Mrs. Skwarnicki,

“…I thank Mrs. Zofia for everything concerning Medjugorje. I ,too, go there every day as a pilgrim in my prayers: I unite in my prayers with all those who pray there or receive a calling for prayer from there. Today we have understood this call better. I rejoice that our time is not lacking people of prayer and apostles…” (p. 107)
John Paul II

JPII wrote:

February 25, 1994:

“I thank you very much for the both letters. Mrs. Zofia is writing me about the Balkans. I guess Medjugorje is better understood these days. This kind of “urging” of our Mother is better understood today when we see with our very eyes the enormousness of the danger. At the same time, the response in the way of a special prayer – and that coming from people all around the world – fills us with hope that here, too, the good will prevail. Peace is possible – such was the motto of the day of prayers of January 23rd, prepared by a special session in Vatican in which Mr. T. Mazowiecki also participated.

Perhaps it is thanks to this as well that Europe is coming back to its senses. People in Poland get back to their senses, too, as follows from your writing. Maybe it will become easier for them to come to terms with the Pope who has not preached “the victory of democracy” but reminded them of the Decalogue…” (p. 119)

With blessings,
John Paul II

Praised be Jesus and Mary ALWAYS

Medjugorje Vin

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:45 am

:? I can write letters to myself too. :wink: AND if I am pulling off a hoax for the money of it and I have a big contributor falling off my wagon, one who is vulnurable, I can write letters and send them to these poor souls too.

As I said, the same old drivel from Medj. supporters and when they get caught in their lies, they just add more fuel to the fire by making up still more lies.

In this year that is the 150th Anniversary of a true apparition, Lourdes, we should ask the intercession of Our Lady of Lourdes and St. Bernadette concerning this false apparition, this imposter to be exposed completely for exactly who and what it is; for all the souls who have been led astray by this hoax, that they open the eyes and ears of their souls and learn obedience from the real Mother of God, Mary Most Holy, who is Our Lady of Lourdes, Our Lady of Fatima, Our Lady of Guadalupe.

She has many titles but there is only one Blessed Virgin Mary, and at this stage of the game I know my mamma's voice when I hear it. The only voice that I hear with any authority that comes from Medjugorje is that of the Bishop.

Blessings
Denise

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:49 pm

Denise wrote::? I can write letters to myself too. :wink: AND if I am pulling off a hoax for the money of it and I have a big contributor falling off my wagon, one who is vulnurable, I can write letters and send them to these poor souls too.

As I said, the same old drivel from Medj. supporters and when they get caught in their lies, they just add more fuel to the fire by making up still more lies.

She has many titles but there is only one Blessed Virgin Mary, and at this stage of the game I know my mamma's voice when I hear it. The only voice that I hear with any authority that comes from Medjugorje is that of the Bishop.

Blessings
Denise
amen to that

marie
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord