grr more medj advertising

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

MarieT
Site Admin

grr more medj advertising

Post by MarieT » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:49 am

first kairos magazine publishing stories promoting medj now in our own 'backyard'someone in our parish dropping off all sorts of medj magazines and pamphlets and photocopied stuff that states that this phenomena is accepted by the church.

i found myself having another chat with our parish secretary after discovering these on our church entry table in the foyer.

She assured me that someone sent them to her but on Fr.'s request she trashed the lot.

It seems that "someone" is defiant enough to go and put them there despite fr. saying its not allowed.

they've been removed thank goodness...but who knows how many were taken up by unsuspecting parishioners b4 it was discovered.

i wish fr. would make a statement at each of the masses....perhaps i might direct him to fr paul's homily where he mentions medj.

marie
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

maryg

Medjugorje advertising

Post by maryg » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:09 pm

I contacted the advertising dept at my diocesan newspaper today. They were advertising a pilgrimage to Medjugorje to be led by a priest (I believe he is a pastor) in this diocese. I informed them that Medjugorje was not an approved apparition site and that organized pilgimages were a no-no. They put a woman on the phone who told me that I had to contact the priest leading the pilgrimage because he placed the advertisement!?! I wonder...if a doctor advertised abortions in that paper, would I have to contact the doctor to object? Doesn't the newspaper take responsibility for what is advertised? She sounded annoyed with me, wanted to know my name, parish, etc. She said something to the effect that "good things were happening there (Medj)." I told her that I knew all about Medj. and I had actually been there myself. It didn't change the fact that it is NOT approved. I told her I would prefer to contact the Bishop, which did not make her too happy. When will it end?

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:35 pm

That's a big no-no for a priest to lead organized pilgrimages there. BIG no-no!

-KJS