Fatima, Sr. Lucia, Cardinal Bertone & Socci

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

KevinSymonds

Fatima, Sr. Lucia, Cardinal Bertone & Socci

Post by KevinSymonds » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:17 am

http://d-rium.blogspot.com/2008/03/fati ... socci.html

The link says it all. I'm curious to know what y'alls thoughts are.

-KJS

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:22 am

its definitely a typewriter she's typing at.....one can see the paper in the scroll.

As in regards to the screen to the right of her, it doesnt look like a computer screen (but then what else could it be?).......trying to see whats on it...seems like rows of data

behind the typewriter the items might seem to suggest she's in an office, as i cant see her having those in her room unless they did set up a small office in her room though i cant see it happening

perhaps rick could shed some light on the pics

Marie
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:25 am

i meant to add in my previous post that cardinal bertone wouldnt have made that statement surely unless he was sure that she had never been on a computer.

marie
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:08 pm

We always must be careful of "seeing the devil where he doesn't exist." I am only pointing out the possible discrepancy in Bertone's statement. Socci has argued, or was it Ferrara, that Bertone only undermined his own previous statements about Sr. Lucia having written letters and such.

The photo evidence is clearly a typewriter, not a computer. I've seen copies of letters Sr. Lucia has written and I recall that they are roughly the same size as the pictures on my blog entry indicate.

So, yes, Bertone could very well have been right and Socci et al very wrong. In fact, I hope they are wrong.

-Kevin

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:21 pm

I don't see a "keyboard" but a typewriter. Just because there is a monitor on the desk, it doesn't mean a thing.

What if someone took a picture of me at my desk and there was a beer or glass of wine on it, would you automatically think that it was mine or could it belong to someone who'd just used my computer or was standing around me and just put their drink down? I don't even drink alcohol but I would make a wager that by the time the photo got around I would be the town drunk and how many people would have been wrong?

Things are not always what they appear to be.

I wrote to Sr. Lucia when Aniya was a baby, asking her for prayers and I have the reply right here on my desk. It is typed.

Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:38 pm

A couple of things that ran through my head...

Why would sister be using a typewriter if she had a computer at hand and could just as easily have access to the benefits of a word processing program? And again, why would Denise get a typed letter instead of a computer printed one?

There was obviously a computer there, even if she isn't using it in the picture. Because she was cloistered, it could be that computer/internet access was restricted more than the use of the typewriter and perhaps this is why she used typewriter more often. (assuming she used the computer at all) I suppose you could say that using a typewriter/snail mail as opposed to computer/interned would be a way to stay cloistered online if you get my meaning. But that would still not say whether or not she used that computer or whether it was in her room.

If that computer had internet access, I would not expect it to be in her room. If she was in a community with a vow of poverty and/or shared possessions, then it and the typewriter would be in a common room where everyone could have access to it, given a good enough reason and permission for use.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:59 pm

Denise,
-I am very curious to see a copy of the letter Sr. Lucia sent you. I have my reasons...........I'll call you soon.

Peace!
-Kevin