EO bishop shares Communion with Catholics/Medj. connection?

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

PamC

EO bishop shares Communion with Catholics/Medj. connection?

Post by PamC » Wed May 28, 2008 2:13 pm

Timisoara , May. 27, 2008 (CWNews.com) - A Romanian Orthodox bishop has shared Communion with Catholics, causing a sensation in a country where Byzantine Catholics and Orthodox have a history of tense relations.

At the consecration of the Queen of Peace parish church in Timisoara on May 25, Orthodox Metropolitan Nicolae Corneanu of Banat asked to share Communion. The Orthodox metropolitan approached the altar and received the Eucharist from his own hand.

Romanian Catholic Bishop Alexandru Mesian of Lugoj was the celebrant of the Divine Liturgy in the Byzantine Catholic church; Archbishop Francisco-Javier Lozano, the apostolic nuncio to Romania, was also present.
http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=58680

Below are two links, I think one is to the diocese website...I don't understand the language.....but on the first site has Medjugorje all over it...in fact if you click on the English tab it states that trips are pilgrimages are planned for Medjugorje. However the article about the intercommunion is not in English....but I see Medjugorje mentioned at least twice. The second link might actually be the actual diocese website....but the article on that site too mentions Medjugorje.

Can anyone read this langague, and tell me what they are saying about Medjugorje, and the relation it plays with the EO and Catholic Bishop sharing communion together?

http://www.reginapacis.ro/index.php?opt ... 7&Itemid=1

http://www.bru.ro/

PamC

Post by PamC » Wed May 28, 2008 11:45 pm

I wanted to comment on this in more detail earlier, but I was really trying to find someone to translate the parish site. So far no luck, however since I couldn't find a Romanian to English translator that would do the whole page.....I relied on a Romanian to English Dictionary. What I have been able to figure out, I find troubling.

This parish building seems to be a new building and is named in english .....Queen of Peace, which is a title of Mary that is already in the patrimony of the Church......however, it is also one of the titles that the alleged apparition of Medjugorje. The Medj. connection hits you right in the face as soon as you enter that site. They plan monthly pilgrimages at the parish level (which is forbidden), and they promote the alleged apparitions as authenic (which is also forbidden) ....plus painted above the Icon of the Holy Family behind the alter is a rather large image that looks suspiciously like the Medjugorje image.

Since one of the "messages" of Medjugorje is a false ecumenism, I see red flags waving. Unity is going to be achieved thru dialogue and all sides coming to an agreement....it's not going to be built on a form of civil disobedience (or rather in this case ecclesiastical disobedience).

Jesus prayed for us to be one, not to act like we are one.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu May 29, 2008 2:28 am

your site is Romanian

Here is the translation of the relevant issue in brief

St.Mary Queen of Peace, Greek-Catholic Parish in Timisoara, Romania
PILGRIMAGE TO MEDJUGORJE
Scris de Editor
Luni, 11 Iunie 2007
the site of apparitions of the Holy Virgin in Bosnia.

We organize them monthly depending on the number of pilgrims.

Organizer: name omitted by site moderator, telephone: number omitted by site moderator
Interested Romanian persons should contact the organizer one month prior to departure because of the procedure to obtain a visa for Bosnia.
The pilgrimage departs from the Parish „Our Lady Queen of Peace”.

Moderators Note: the phenomena of Medjugorje and the allegations that the Holy Mother is appearing there are a false notion.

Pilgrimages are forbidden to be organised to the site to promote this notion. The Congregation -Doctrine of Faith has already commented on the prohibition of organised pilgrimages to this site

the english page of the site is here

marie
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

PamC

Post by PamC » Thu May 29, 2008 7:18 am

MarieT wrote:your site is Romanian

Here is the translation of the relevant issue in brief

St.Mary Queen of Peace, Greek-Catholic Parish in Timisoara, Romania
PILGRIMAGE TO MEDJUGORJE
Scris de Editor
Luni, 11 Iunie 2007
the site of apparitions of the Holy Virgin in Bosnia.

We organize them monthly depending on the number of pilgrims.

Organizer: name omitted by site moderator, telephone: number omitted by site moderator
Interested Romanian persons should contact the organizer one month prior to departure because of the procedure to obtain a visa for Bosnia.
The pilgrimage departs from the Parish „Our Lady Queen of Peace”.

Moderators Note: the phenomena of Medjugorje and the allegations that the Holy Mother is appearing there are a false notion.

Pilgrimages are forbidden to be organised to the site to promote this notion. The Congregation -Doctrine of Faith has already commented on the prohibition of organised pilgrimages to this site

the english page of the site is here

marie
Yeah...I saw that page. It's the article that was speaking of the intercommunion between the EO and the Catholic bishops.....and it seems about every other article on the parish webpage is a pro-M article.

In fact it appears this whole parish is centered on the false apparitions of Medjugorje. I find this shocking as well as scandalous!

I am sitting here wondering about who to write about this.....since the bishop and archbishop of that diocese are involved. CDF maybe? Would that be the right office to write?