Pareidolia & Apophenia

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

KevinSymonds

Pareidolia & Apophenia

Post by KevinSymonds » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:12 am

Try looking at this web site. It has a lot of references to people "seeing" things in trees, trunks, pizza pans, etc.

http://8minutesold.com/?p=55

Peace!

-Kevin

JeniR

Post by JeniR » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Wow. Not sure what to say on this one.
And so , with every beat of my heart, I thank You, my God, for your great mercy towards me.~Saint Faustina~

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:53 pm

Links don't work to the articles or pictures. This just goes to show you that people see all kinds of stuff when they look at stuff. I used to lay on the grass and watch the clouds turn into different things. Light, wind, rain, snow AND DRUGS or alcohol can have a bid bearing on what we see or think we see. I have some pain roller marks in the ceiling of my garage and one looks like Our Lady and one looks like and angel. Well, I know it is just paint but I could make a big hoorah about it and say that it is there because it is a miracle. No, it is there because hubby was careless with the roller on the end of the pole. :lol:
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales