15 typical Catholic reactions to questioning of faith

"Always be prepared to make a defense to any one who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence... 1 Peter 3:15. A forum for every individual who asks us to give an account of the hope that is in us and who wants to know what the Catholic Church believes.

Moderators: johnmc, MarieT

MarieT
Site Admin

15 typical Catholic reactions to questioning of faith

Post by MarieT » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:50 pm

Interesting points put forward
With today’s post, we would like to express our feelings of solidarity and friendship for all those Catholics in the world who time and time again have to listen and respond with charity to such a wide variety of questions, concerns or complaints. They come from our companions at work, fellow members of our family, our friends, the friends of our friends, or even strangers who might just see us with a rosary in our hand or perhaps praying before a meal. Today’s post hopes to serve up a good laugh together with some suggested links that can point you in the right direction if you aren’t sure how to respond.
15 Typical Catholic Reactions to 15 Typical Phrases questioning our faith
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

KarlB
Saint Finder

Post by KarlB » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:17 pm

I run into those all the time. Always supported by the sophistry of the New Age.. the primacy of moral relativism, radical individualism.. material gratification as a 'human right' that usurps all commensurate responsibility to others, to society as a whole and especially to some abstract Deist 'God', if you accept there is one at all. .
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9