Obedience and Prayer for those in Authority

"Always be prepared to make a defense to any one who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence... 1 Peter 3:15. A forum for every individual who asks us to give an account of the hope that is in us and who wants to know what the Catholic Church believes.

Moderators: johnmc, MarieT

johnmc

Obedience and Prayer for those in Authority

Post by johnmc » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:24 pm

Pope St. Clement I served as the Roman Pontiff in the years 88-97. When you pray this prayer just think that Christians who live more than 1900 years ago prayed the same prayer.

John

1900 The duty of obedience requires all to give due honor to authority and to treat those who are charged to exercise it with respect, and, insofar as it is deserved, with gratitude and good-will.

Pope St. Clement of Rome provides the Church's most ancient prayer for political authorities: "Grant to them, Lord, health, peace, concord, and stability, so that they may exercise without offense the sovereignty that you have given them. Master, heavenly King of the ages, you give glory, honor, and power over the things of earth to the sons of men. Direct, Lord, their counsel, following what is pleasing and acceptable in your sight, so that by exercising with devotion and in peace and gentleness the power that you have given to them, they may find favor with you."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:32 pm

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:45 pm

I got a chill when I read that prayer. I think that now more than ever that prayer is needed.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica