Jerry Jackson - Virginia - To die tonight the 18th

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner." This forum was created specifically for notices on upcoming US executions so that these men and women will be guaranteed our prayers as they meet Our Lord face to face.

Moderators: MarieT, Lori

Lori

Jerry Jackson - Virginia - To die tonight the 18th

Post by Lori » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:05 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14579136

Please remember to pray for Jerry and his victim, Ruth Philips, as well as all of the family and friends affected by this horrendous crime.
Totus tuus ego sum, et omnia mea tua sunt. Accipio te in mea omnia. Praebe mihi cor tuum, Maria.

KarlB
Saint Finder

Post by KarlB » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:33 pm

Lundbeck has said it opposes the "distressing misuse" of its product.

The drugs that are to be used to execute Jackson were obtained before Lundbeck imposed strict controls on the distribution of pentobarbital, a drug used to treat severe epilepsy.

The company has strongly objected to its product's use in capital punishment, and has restricted distribution in an attempt to keep it out of prison death chambers.

"We're in the business to improve people's lives, so the use of pentobarbital to end people's lives contradicts everything that we're in business to do," Matt Flesch, a US spokesman for Lundbeck, told the BBC.
Good for them.. it's not often you see business enterprises standing on principle rather than profit these days.

My prayers are with Jerry.. and with Ruth and her family.
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:28 pm

That is an amazing thing indeed, Karl. I hope other companies see the example they are setting with their product. God will reward them in kind, I'm sure.

And of course my prayers for the whole situation.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Lori

Post by Lori » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:56 pm

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/08/man-exe ... ape-murder

And, please add a prayer for a family member of mine who definitely does not agree with praying for those to be executed.

I posted a prayer request on my facebook page and a cousin of mine really went a bit ballistic.
Totus tuus ego sum, et omnia mea tua sunt. Accipio te in mea omnia. Praebe mihi cor tuum, Maria.

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:31 pm

I will pray
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica