Pope Francis blasts “gender” ideology

Please use this forum to post and/or discuss Encyclicals, Pastoral Letters, Papal Exhortations, or news about the Holy Father. If you are a non-Catholic and have a question concerning Papal Authority, feel free to ask it here.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

Pope Francis blasts “gender” ideology

Post by Denise » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:33 am

On 27 July the Holy Father had a closed-door meeting with the bishops of From Vatican Insider:

“In Europe, America, Latin America, Africa and some Asian countries we are seeing some real ideological colonisations,” he repeated. “And one of these, I’m going to say it outright, is gender”: “Today, children, children! are told at school that they can choose their sex. Why are they taught this? Because the books are supplied by the people and institutions that give you the money. These are the ideological colonisations backed also by countries that wield a great deal of influence. And this is terrible. Speaking with Benedict XVI,” he said, “who is well and lucid, he told me: ‘Holiness, this is the age of sin against the Creator!’ He is intelligent! God created man and woman; God made the world like this, like this, like this… and we are doing the exact opposite.”

Read the rest here
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

KarlB
Saint Finder

Post by KarlB » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:20 pm

Holiness, this is the age of sin against the Creator!’ He is intelligent! God created man and woman; God made the world like this, like this, like this… and we are doing the exact opposite.”
Right.. we live in deluded and apostate times.. and there are consequences.
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9