francis-agenda cancelled-medical reasons

Please use this forum to post and/or discuss Encyclicals, Pastoral Letters, Papal Exhortations, or news about the Holy Father. If you are a non-Catholic and have a question concerning Papal Authority, feel free to ask it here.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

MarieT
Site Admin

francis-agenda cancelled-medical reasons

Post by MarieT » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:43 pm

Pope Francis’ Agenda Canceled for Needed ‘Medical Checkups,’ Vatican Says
The Pope’s movements have been visibly more limited since the start of the year.
VATICAN CITY — Pope Francis’ agenda was cleared on Friday for needed medical checkups, a Vatican spokesperson said.

Francis, who is 85 years old, has been suffering from pain in his right knee, causing him to take smaller roles in some Vatican liturgies and to remain seated more often.

“The Pope has slowed down his activities today because of medical checkups that are needed today. That is why the schedule is empty today,” Matteo Bruni, director of the Holy See Press Office, said on April 22.

The Pope’s movements have been visibly more limited since the start of the year.
complete story - source
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Re: francis-agenda cancelled-medical reasons

Post by Denise » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:34 am

I pray for him daily when I pray the Rosary. God will do with him and each of us what pleases Him.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: francis-agenda cancelled-medical reasons

Post by MarieT » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:38 am

yes indeed - he needs all the prayers he can get
God's will is best
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord