Bishop Joseph E. Strickland

Sometimes we need to talk about issues that concern us or have affected us personally. In this forum, you are welcomed to respectfully vent your concerns about today's Church issues or other issues of importance. News stories are welcomed here as well.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Bishop Joseph E. Strickland

Post by Denise » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:54 pm

Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Bishop Joseph E. Strickland

Post by MarieT » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:50 pm

it was very late hours when i saw an article on Bp Strickland asking for prayers for francis - concerns were raised over some issues....i cant recall what but will post if i find it again
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:14 am

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:17 am

In his interview with Westen, Strickland warned that “there are forces in the Church right now that don’t want the truth of the Gospel. They want to change it, they want it ignored. They want to get rid of the Truth.”

“Pope Francis has the responsibility of making the supreme pontiff’s decisions,” Strickland said. “There are many forces working at him and influencing him to make these kinds of decisions. So I know it becomes frustrating… but that’s why we pray for the pope, for him as a son of God and for his role as the supreme pontiff.”

Regarding the recent pushes to review standing Catholic doctrine, Strickland said that “doctrine and understanding develops, but it develops in this sense of deepening, not reversing its direction.”

“There are forces in the world that want to reverse the direction, want to change moral teachings, want to totally restructure the Church,” he warned. He also reassured Catholics that the Church “continues to be here because she is holy, guided by the Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit has fostered basic structures in the Church.”