Protestant Reformation celebrated by Pope?

Sometimes we need to talk about issues that concern us or have affected us personally. In this forum, you are welcomed to respectfully vent your concerns about today's Church issues or other issues of importance. News stories are welcomed here as well.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Protestant Reformation celebrated by Pope?

Post by Denise » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:07 am

MALMO, Sweden -- Pope Francis traveled to secular Sweden on Monday to mark the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, a remarkably bold gesture given his very own Jesuit religious order was founded to defend the faith against Martin Luther's “heretical” reforms five centuries ago.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pope- ... formation/
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Protestant Reformation celebrated by Pope?

Post by MarieT » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:07 pm

a dark time indeed for Christ's one, holy, Catholic and apostolic church - divided, continued to divide, protestants, methodists, baptiststs, lutheran ...the list of counter splits goes on....

but we have Jesus' assurance "...and i will build my church and not even the gates of hell will prevail against it..."

while Christ did call all to union in the one church he stablished, personally a cause for celebrating a split contrary to that union and the church Christ established is concerning.

While many will say francis was there for the cause of ecumenism, and dialogue and friendship between denominations, it still is a bit "iffy" for his presence for celebration of the split from the church.

as all can see....the Catholic church survived through the spirit that keeps it alive - that Divine nature working through it...and while the call for ecumenism that the church of Christ may be one, celebrating a divisive split that caused branching out and other splits between them, isnt in my personal opinion one to be celebrated, but one to be prayed about so that Jesus' plea to God "...that they may all be one" comes to fruition.

God can and will bring this about. We can but pray His will be done....and it will be done according to his Divine plan.....
tick tock...
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord