Tohu wa-bohu on the Tiber

Sometimes we need to talk about issues that concern us or have affected us personally. In this forum, you are welcomed to respectfully vent your concerns about today's Church issues or other issues of importance. News stories are welcomed here as well.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Tohu wa-bohu on the Tiber

Post by Denise » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:02 am

"What we have emanating from Rome today is chaos and confusion."

https://www.catholicworldreport.com/202 ... the-tiber/
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Tohu wa-bohu on the Tiber

Post by MarieT » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:31 pm

great article by George Weigel
laying down the facts quite boldly

The forum also has expressed its concerns about the Papacy and the confusion.
More bizarre is the removal of learned men from authoritative positions and replacement by cardinals that aren't at the level or expertise of their predecessors so that the 'agenda' can be pushed

but as we have stated and continue to state - the Holy Spirit works through the church
and on that basis, it will always have that Divine part that cannot be challenged or broken.

Our job is to trust that God has this and discern the times and events.

Personally I'm seeing a merciful God who gives all a chance for redemption.

One only has to look at scripture to see the persons of Cain who murdered his brother yet was given God's protection if anyone laid a hand on him, or Jacob who's sons formed the 12 tribes of Israel yet he was a man who mislead his blind father and received the blessing that is reserved for the eldest son....or St Paul of all people who slaughtered numerous christians including approving the stoning of St Stephen.

while one questions "why weren't the victims avenged...why were the evil perpetrators permitted to receive a gift from God instead"....
the message of redemption comes through...they are given umpteen chances to change.
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:47 pm

a merciful God who gives all a chance for redemption
👍 God doesn't want to lose not one of us to the other team.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:15 pm

yep and thats one of my prayers...."let not one soul be lost"
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord