Please pray for my husband

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Re: Please pray for my husband

Post by Denise » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:14 am

He has an abscess. Praying it doesn't rupture by Monday morning. He will go in and the procedure will take a couple of hours and I can bring him home. Now he will have two drain tubes. :(
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:51 am

Lord mercifully be with you both
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:46 pm

Stephen had a great turnout; prayers work! They were ready to put him under and decided to do another scan and come to find out he had no abscess at all. There were just some swollen vessels, which they said is normal with the surgery he had. So, I am a bit miffed that the other scan told a different story and thankful they did another one, which cleared up the error. And, his blood cell count in back to normal. On top of all that great news, they pulled out the drainage tube he has had since surgery. He said he hollered really loud and I can relate because I had a tube from my thoracic surgery. OUCH!!!!

So, instead of coming home with two hoses attached to his body he came home with none at all and he said it already feels better.

I attribute all these miracles first to the Our Lord and then to St. Expedite and Our Lady of Lourdes! St. Expedite is quick on the trigger just as promised and Our Lady has defended my husband just as he defended her when he wasn't even Catholic. 😉 That is a whole other story. I also attribute this good news to all the prayers by so many faithful prayer warriors. Thank you!
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:54 pm

Thanks be to God!! I am just so happy to read this! It's so awesome to hear good news among all the room and gloom of covid. :D :D :D
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:23 am

Deo Gratias!
Continuing our Lady of Lourdes Novena for Stephen and all semper-fi-ers
Big celebrations in our Parish on Our Lady of Lourdes feast day this week.

So relieved to hear - phew - thank you Lord for your miracle and our Lady for your intercessions on our behalf

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:06 pm

Stephen will try going to work tomorrow for the first time in almost a year. Please pray that he makes it through they day. He still gets tired very easily.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:27 pm

He had a very rough night last night and wasn't able to go to work. He will try tomorrow.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:55 am

gosh please take things easy Stephen
continuing prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:04 pm

Had to rush Stephen to the hospital and he passed out on the way. I really thought he'd died. I went to the door and asked for them to get him with a wheelchair and they did. I had to come home and he is still waiting to be seen when I got home. Please offer a prayer for him.

I am not feeling so well and I don't know if it is my nerves or what. I was so afraid to drive home but I made it alright. He will let me know what they find after all the tests.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:31 pm

They are keeping Stephen. Appears he has cdiff again and they said they are keeping him so they can get rid of it. I have been bleaching and washing bed linens, bathrooms, you name. :? Of course he kept a spray bottle of bleach in his bathroom and kept stuff sprayed down. It is the only thing that will kill the bacteria.

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:32 pm

How terribly frightening for you. I am glad you made it home safely. And they were able to find what it was. Here's hoping the cdiff goea for good.

Offering up prayers for you both.

Lord, hear our prayer.
Domine exaudi orationem meam.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:48 pm

He wasn't able to get into a room until 3 PM today. His BP is low and they tested him for covid and it came back negative. Hope he stays that way.

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:50 pm

*hugs for you.*
Still praying.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:34 pm

Thanks JB. he just told me they have called in an infectious disease doctor. :?

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:47 am

Lord have mercy - what a shock you must have had
praying for Stephen's recuperation and your wellbeing
Lord mercifully hear our prayers