Emergency Prayers for my children's father

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Emergency Prayers for my children's father

Post by Denise » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:47 am

l will try to be brief. I know, fat chance.

After they found Stephanie LeFaye in the lake and not knowing if someone killed her or not, autopsy isn't back yet, David has been a wreck and has been worrying about their daughter. Anyway he decided to go to the lake where he camps and get away. Our daughter Stephanie and his daughter Victoria had not been able to get hold of him. Stephanie finally got a call from him asking for help. She rushed him to the hospital. Here is the situation and updates from daughter Beth. Forgive her shorthand.
Acute kidney injury which means he got really dehydrated, bowel blockage/ obstruction / perforation in small bowel where the sutures attached his man made colon to the bowel when colon was removed. They catheterized him to get urine. Still waiting on a surgeon. not sure when the surgery will be. Doc is putting in a femoral iv in main vein in left femur because of how low his blood pressure and oxygen got. Dr said the hosp ordered that not him and its precautionary measures. Nothing more happened for it to be ordered.

Ok.the iv is in.i just met the evening Dr. They are pumping vancomycin which is an antibiotic for colon inflammation and metronidazole is another antibiotic and also more fluids thru iv. They took him off food water and ice till she does lab in morn.surgeon still not come.

Surgeon says this is a complicated situation going on. But as we know it that's not surprising. With us it seems go big or go home..anyhow. he said if he does surgery he would have to do a reversal of pouch and get a partial 3 month ileostomy bag and detach from his man made colon then if healed right reconnect back to pouch. Soon he is going to talk with his partner surgeons and see if it would be an option to see if it will heal on its own without surgery. he says it does happen in certain cases and he could possibly benefit from it. So taking it easy and keep it monitored is what he would have to do. its a decision they gonna make. He finally just peed 300 cc at 9 pm on his own..whooo so that's a reason to be ecstatic and say thank u Lord his kidneys are working.. they doing ultrasound of bladder soon..

Hey... .she ordered thorazine for hiccups but he didn't want to have to be woken up if he didn't have to be so she said if he's sleeping he can wait and take when he starts hiccups. He just got a low dose of dilaudid for pain. he just peed a 2nd time on his own and they have a catch all container on Toilet for multi panel test. she also just hooked him up to heart monitor.. he's got his color back from being dark purple from low oxygen. he's being his usual jackass self
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Emergency Prayers for my children's father

Post by MarieT » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:11 am

Lord mercifully hear our prayers
what a situation....praying resolving soon and recovery
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:24 am

They are doing an ultrasound on his kidneys this morning and a possible MRI. They will send all his results to his surgeon in Shreveport that did his first operation years ago and also to his primary care physician. Shreveport said if he needs surgery that they need to do it. Stephanie has already check into having him transferred by ambulance.

The first thing I did Monday morning is to call the hospital, it is a Catholic one, and make arrangements for the priest to go to David after he offered Mass in the chapel. Before lunch I got a text from David saying Fr. James had just left and he said, "I knew it was you!" He knew I arranged it even before the priest told him. I hope he made great use of the privilege of having the priest there. I didn't ask and just left it to God. 😉

Thanks for the prayers and please continue to pray for him. Remember he almost died a few years ago with sepsis and even the doctors said his recovery was a miracle.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:00 am

so wonderful that a priest could visit during this difficult time
and through your kindness much hope
continuing prayers with trust in God's mercy

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:15 pm

David was released from the hospital this morning. He has had many tests, scans and poking around on him. His blood is great, his kidneys are working and he is out of danger so far. This was all caused from being severely dehydrated. It all started when he thought he had a virus but when he would eat or drink he couldn't keep anything down and that went on for 4 days. When he got to the hospital his ears, nose, lips and extremities were blue and purple from lack of oxygen and his organs were shutting down. Two more hours with no help and he would have died.

His kidney function is good but they still suspect a kink in a bowl. He did eat solids and was able to have a bowel movement so they let him go home. His surgeon in Shreveport said that in most cases these things work themselves out but he will have to watch and make sure it doesn't get worse.

My poor kids are basket cases. First they lose their step mom in a lake and if David had died he would have been at a lake. Good grief. Anyway thanks for all the prayers; we really appreciate them!

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:59 pm

Thanks be to God for His abundant mercy, that David has survived the turmoil.
poor daughters - what they went through
Lord mercifully be with them through these traumatic times

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:01 am

👍 Thanks for the prayers, Marie