St. Philip Neri said.....

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Re: St. Philip Neri said.....

Post by Denise » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:44 am

"As soon as a man feels that he is tempted, he should fly to God, and devoutly utter that ejaculation which the fathers of the desert so much esteemed: Deus in adjutorium meum intende; Domine ad adjuvandum me festina (O God, come to my assistance; O Lord, make haste to help me); or that verse, cor mundum crea in me Deus (Create a clean heart in me, O God)."
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:57 am

"When sensual thoughts come into the mind, we ought immediately to make use of our minds, and fix them instantaneously upon something or other, no matter what."
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:07 am

Never say, "What great things the Saints do," but, "What great things God does in His Saints.”

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:23 am

"In the warfare of the flesh, only cowards gain the victory; that is to say, those who fly."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:58 am

"We should be less alarmed for one who is tempted in the flesh, and who resists by avoiding the occasions, than for one who is not tempted and is not careful to avoid the occasions."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:48 am

"When a person puts himself in an occasion of sin, saying, 'I shall not fall, I shall not commit it,' it is an almost infallible sign that he will fall, and with all the greater damage to his soul."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:38 am

It is a most useful thing to say often, and from the heart, “Lord, do not put any confidence in me, for I am sure to fall if Thou dost not help me;” or, “O my Lord, look for nothing but evil from me.”

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:20 am

In temptation we ought not to say, “I will do,” or “I will say,” for it is a species of presumption and self-confidence; we ought rather to say with humility, “I know what I ought to do, but I do not know what I shall do.”

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:05 am

"The stench of impurity before God and the angels is so great, that no stench in the world can equal it."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:08 am

"We must not trust in ourselves, but take the advice of our spiritual father, and recommend ourselves to everybody’s prayers."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:48 am

"We must avoid lies as we would a pestilence."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:04 am

"When we go to confession, we should accuse ourselves of our worst sins first, and of those things which we are most ashamed of, because by this means we put the devil to greater confusion, and reap more fruit from our confession."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:00 am

"One of the very best means of obtaining humility, is sincere and frequent confession."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:01 am

"In trying to get rid of bad habits, it is of the greatest importance not to put off going to confession after a fall, and also to keep to the same confessor."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:37 am

"In visiting the dying we should not say many words to them, but rather help them by praying for them."