PLEASE PRAY FOR MY LITTLE GRAYSON!!!!!

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

PLEASE PRAY FOR MY LITTLE GRAYSON!!!!!

Post by Denise » Mon May 13, 2024 5:16 pm

I just got this from Aniya. Oh dear! She sent it to me and her mom, Nichole.
I'm sending a text to both of you guys together, please do not make any phone calls today because i'll be very occupied with Grayson. Grayson came down with a fever yesterday morning, fighting off some kind of infection. I gave him medicine. Today, he came down with a spotting on skin and was bleeding easily. Jonathan promptly took Grayson to the doctor which then sent him to the ER. They have diagnosed him with Immune Thrombocytopenia which is a reaction caused by fighting off an infection. Due to that his blood platelet count is low. So he will be staying in the hospital temporarily until his blood platelet count rises. Whichever infection he was coming down with is residing because his fever is now gone. He is happy and comfortable. I'll will text updates when I get them. The current hospital is working on moving him to a different hospital. I'll keep you both updated.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: PLEASE PRAY FOR MY LITTLE GRAYSON!!!!!

Post by MarieT » Tue May 14, 2024 5:00 am

oh dear-- an article surfaced from the UK about an increase in autoimmune disease where the body attacks its platelets in an immune response

spots like chickenpox appear.....i was reading it this morning but cannot find it now......its a new name - formerly ITP
Immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) is a blood disorder characterized by a decrease in the number of platelets in the blood. Platelets are cells in the blood that help stop bleeding. A decrease in platelets can cause easy bruising, bleeding gums, and internal bleeding. This disease is caused by an immune reaction against one's own platelets. It has also been called autoimmune thrombocytopenic purpura.

Thrombocytopenia means a decreased number of platelets in the blood.
Purpura refers to the purple discoloring of the skin, as with a bruise.
ITP is a fairly common blood disorder that both children and adults can develop.

There are two forms of ITP:

Acute thrombocytopenic purpura. This usually affects young children, ages 2 to 6 years old. The symptoms may follow a viral illness, such as chickenpox. Acute ITP usually starts suddenly and the symptoms usually disappear in less than 6 months, often within a few weeks. Treatment is often not needed. The disorder usually does not recur. Acute ITP is the most common form of the disorder.
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue May 14, 2024 5:01 am

praying hard
Lord mercifully hear our prayers for Grayson

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue May 14, 2024 7:08 am

They moved him to a children's hospital in Dallas. Seemed to be the highlight of his life because he got to ride in an ambulance. He was so excited, bless his heart. He loves police cars and ambulances. We are going this morning to see him. And on top of that, they just took my Stephanie into surgery.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Tue May 14, 2024 2:31 pm

Praying for sure!
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue May 14, 2024 7:20 pm

continuing prayers for Stephanie and Grayson.

Lord mercifully hear us
in You we trust

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

Spent the morning with Grayson at the hospital. He had pulled out his IV when he woke up this morning but all the meds were gone already. His dad woke up to blood all over. They drew more blood and tested it and whatever was going on had cleared up and he was back to normal so they let him go home after lunch. Leukemia was definitely ruled out. We appreciate all the prayers; this could have turned out unfavorable. We are thanking the Good Lord for his recovery so quickly. He will have a follow-up next week.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue May 14, 2024 11:38 pm

what an enormous fright for you all

thanks be to God Grayson is ok and going home
we continue to pray - with thanksgiving

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed May 22, 2024 11:14 am

Jonathan took Grayson to his checkup today for his blood platelet count. Last week when he was in the ER his count was around 11,000. Now it is 468,000 where it should be!

The doctor said what happened to Grayson is rare and likely won't happen to him again. He's going back in 6-8 weeks for one final checkup.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu May 23, 2024 7:49 am

oh wow
thanks be to God he is ok