Urgent prayer request

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Urgent prayer request

Post by Denise » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:05 pm

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I've been asked to let you know that Dan Burke is in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital. His wife Stephanie is home, in self isolation. For those of you who are familiar with the Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation ..Dan is part of this ..

https://avila-institute.org/staff/

I am asking you now to please offer up your day for the Burke's and for their healing. Please consider fasting or offering up a meal, or anything else you enjoy. Just give it up for Dan. He needs us now. Storm heaven with prayer. Ask for his father to intercede - Art Burke - for his son.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

johnmc

Re: Urgent prayer request

Post by johnmc » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:59 pm

I’ll pray for him in my rosary this evening.

John

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:19 am

From Stephanie Burke

My friends, I’ve never needed you more.

Many of you have heard by now that Dan and I tested positive for COVID-19 last week and have been very sick. Dan always knew that he was in the high-risk category and that if he contracted this virus it could be difficult to recover.

As the illness has progressed Dan’s condition has in fact worsened, and he is now in the ICU on a ventilator. He is fighting for his life.

He is not fighting alone.

I am asking you with everything in me to please storm heaven for my husband.

God has raised armies before and He has raised one now. He has been preparing us for this moment from the time you joined our ranks and learned with us, side-by-side, the wield the most powerful weapon we have: prayer.

I am begging you to stop what you are doing right now and to say what Mother Teresa called a "Flying Memorare”: 9 Memorares in a row for an intention. Short, powerful, Marian.

Remember that in the Gospels, before he worked healing miracles, Jesus asked, “What is it that you want?”

With that in mind, please pray very specifically that Dan’s lungs will clear and begin to breathe on their own. Pray that God will be glorified through a full recovery and the complete restoration of his health.

Thank you in advance. I will keep you updated.

United with you in prayer,

Stephanie Burke

“Courage! Do not fall back.” - St. Joan of Arc

Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy hear and answer me. Amen.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:46 am

Update from Stephanie Burke

Dear Friends,

Thank you — a thousand thank you’s — for your prayers for Dan. As promised, I want to keep you updated and ask you to continue to pray for his healing.

Dan’s condition remains serious but stable. He is still on a ventilator, but his health has not deteriorated any further as of today. That is good news — news I attribute directly to your prayers.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the outpouring of responses you’ve sent — I received thousands of messages of support and encouragement. You are priests, bishops, religious, and laity from all over the world. You contacted your friends, your family, your bible study groups, religious orders, seminaries, local Knights of Columbus to ask for prayers. In short, you mobilized an army. And it is working.

Dan is in the best care possible, and right now is under the care of a team of infectious disease doctors at his hospital. He is in the best possible place and they are moderating him closely. I have no doubt that they are making the best decisions possible for him.

Today is the anniversary of Mother Angelica’s entrance into religious life. This powerhouse of a woman, who personally and deeply impacted both Dan and myself, had a great devotion to Santo Niño (Holy Child) of Atocha. Will you please join me tonight in repeating this powerful prayer (below) to the Christ Child? As your intention, I again ask you to specifically pray that Dan’s lungs will clear and begin to breathe on their own. Pray that God will be glorified through a full recovery and the complete restoration of his health.

I am deeply indebted to you for your generosity of spirit. You are not only fighting back the darkness in and around Dan, you are carrying me. I don’t think I’ve ever felt the reality of the Body of Christ more than at this very moment. Words just aren’t adequate.

I hope to have more news for you soon. In the meantime, I pray that you and your loved ones remain healthy.

In the love of the Holy Child,

Stephanie Burke

Prayer to Santa Niño de Atocha (repeat 3 times)

Oh, miraculous Infant Jesus of Atocha

Cast thy merciful look upon my troubled heart, so inclined to pity.

Be softened by my prayer and grant me the favor I now ardently implore of Thee.

(mention your petition here.)

Take from me all affliction and despair,

all trial and misfortune with which I am laden.

For thy Sacred Infancy’s sake,

send me now thy consolation

and aid and grace.

That I may praise thee, with the Father and the Holy Spirit, forever.

Amen.

Oh Divine Child of Atocha, hear my prayer and grant my petition!

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:15 pm

From Stephanie Burke via FB 2 hours ago...

I have such great news to share with you today. This morning I was able to FaceTime with Dan and speak to him in ICU, although he was not able to speak because of the intubation tube. We were on about an hour - I prayed over him and shared with him some of the beautiful prayers that have been going on for his healing. It was a painful, but beautiful time of quiet.

A little while later, I received a call from his nurse that his tube was out. He is breathing now on his own and his oxygen level is at 100%. His fever is only spiking at night and he is getting much better. He is fighting! They are hopeful that if he continues on this path, he will be moved out of ICU to a regular room by tomorrow.

I hope to FaceTime with him again this afternoon. Thank you Jesus for technology.

Please join me in praying 1 Memorare in thanksgiving for prayers answered! And keep praying until he’s home with me and fully recovered. I know he longs to be back where God called him to be… next to me, serving God’s people.

God bless you all - God is GREAT - Praise Him for His endless mercies! Jesus, King of Love, I trust in your merciful goodness!

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:25 pm

Join Dan & Stephanie for Sunday Night Coronavirus Survival Update With Q&A

Stephanie and I would like to personally invite you to our next Lenten Sunday Evening Reflection Series which continues on April 5th at 6 PM Central.

Please join us as together we discuss surviving COVID-19 and the incredible healing power unleashed through suffering and intercessory prayer. We have so much in our hearts and minds we'd like to share with you all. There will be a period of Q & A at the end.

This has been a Lent like no other. As we enter into the solemn final stretch, let's get laser-focused on what God is clearly doing in our lives: stripping us of everything but Himself and the hope of eternity He won back for us through His Resurrection.

Register Now
https://spiritualdirection.com/product/ ... d-covid-19

See you Sunday.

In Christ,

Dan Burke

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:59 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values/co ... covery.amp

A couple survived the coronavirus, but it was especially miraculous given the husband's lifelong lung condition.

Dan Burke, a Christian author, was put on a ventilator and appeared to be facing a death sentence, but said God had other plans.When news about the virus started circulating months ago, Burke recalls telling his son, "If I get it, that will be it for me."

Then on March 17, he started showing signs. A few days later, he went to the ER with his wife, Stephanie, who also had symptoms. They both tested positive.

Burke finished his will on the way to the hospital. Before being put on the ventilator, he said he loved his wife for what both believed could be the last time.

Three days later, however, he was strong enough to be removed from it, and was discharged on March 27. Burke is recovering at home with his wife.

Dan and Stephanie Burke both survived the coronavirus.
Dan and Stephanie Burke both survived the coronavirus. (spiritualdirection.com)
The founder and president of the Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation, an online Catholic learning center, recently wrote a book, "Spiritual Warfare and the Discernment of Spirits," which he said helped him in this "battle of battles."

"I know I'm alive because of your prayers," Burke shared in a Facebook Live video on Sunday after thousands rallied around the world. "There's no way I should have come out of that ICU."

"I am grateful that I have studied and lived this reality so deeply before facing this kind of storm."