My dad passed away.

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Johnna

My dad passed away.

Post by Johnna » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:11 pm

My father passed away Tuesday evening. (April 13, 2021)

I would like to send a special thank-you to God. When his cancer returned, the doctor's couldn't explain why Daddy didn't have pain. But I'm sure I know why. Thank you so much, God.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: My dad passed away.

Post by MarieT » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:39 am

condolences jb
may he rest in eternal peace and may our merciful Lord provide much comfort for your grieving family
in my prayers
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:52 am

JB, so sorry to hear this. I thought he was doing well. No pain...same as mom. Yes, God answers prayers. I am sure he will be sorely missed by you all. May he rest in eternal peace.

You said he passed on Tuesday; are you just finding out or have you been away with him?
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

johnmc

Post by johnmc » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:42 am

Johnna, my deepest condolecences to you and your family.

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:26 am

The last time I saw him was a month or so ago.
Tuesday, my sister Christy had both me and my other sister in a group text to tell us Dad was worse, and it wouldn't be long. She told us about everyone having Covid and said she was going to set up a zoom, or some other virtual visit. But an hour later, he was gone.
So I pretty much knew when it was happening. I just couldn't bring myself to talk about it, and so I didn't post about it right away.
It still doesn't seem real, like I don't want to believe it. But I suppose that is part of the grief. It'll be okay.
Last edited by Johnna on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:50 am

JB, all those feelings you are having are normal. Well, in my opinion anyway. If you are anything like this birthday twinkie then you will come to accept it but will never get over it and never quit longing to see or talk to him. I am praying for you all.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:24 pm

Because he lived in a different state, it is easy for me to think I could pick up the phone and say hi to him, just like that. I'm glad he could see my mom again, but it's weird not having him to fall back on. Even though I've been married with kids and not his dependant for 23 years. I guess without knowing it, I still somehow counted on him.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:05 pm

HUGS 😢

June D

Post by June D » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:25 pm

Johnna, Please accept my condolences and prayers.

MaryP

Post by MaryP » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:34 pm

Johnna, may your Dad rest in peace. In my prayers.

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:24 pm

Denise,
For your memorial page.
My dad's name is John Ward Edington
December 21, 1934 thru April 13, 2021
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:12 am

DONE!

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:29 pm

My dad's obit. :cry:

John Edington was a man greatly loved in life and missed in death. On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 he passed away at age 86.

John was born on December 21, 1934 in New Castle Indiana, Henry County to Thomas Don and Mary Mildred (Ward) Edington. He earned a Master of Science Degree at Purdue University that launched his 40+ year teaching career at Munster High School. On August 17, 1958 he married Vera Joanne (Taylor) Edington. With great dedication and love they raised their three daughters, Angela Rose (Edington) Zagorski, Christina Joanne (Edington) Maniscalco, and Johnna Elizabeth (Edington) Murphy well in their Christian faith.

A man of faith, John was generous, kind, and loved to serve others. Never one to neglect what the Lord gave him, he made the most of his gift for teaching and his love for others by serving as a biology teacher at Munster High School. During his career he received various awards and opportunities for his leadership and innovative ideas that led to world travel. He also served on the Munster Town Council for four terms. John lived a life of service to God that he demonstrated through his love and service to his family, church, friends, and community. We will miss him greatly.

John now rejoices daily in Heaven with Vera, his beloved wife of 52 years, and his parents, Don and Mildred. He is survived by his three daughters, Angela (James), Christina (Jon), and Johnna (Patrick) as well as by his fifteen grandchildren and fifteen great-grandchildren.

John was so well loved that we can hardly celebrate his life with just one service, rather there will be two celebrations.

A memorial service will be held on Saturday, May 15, 2021 at Trinity Church 3355 Dunckel Road Lansing MI. Visitation will take place at 10:00 am followed by the memorial service at 11:00 am. Interment will be at Maple Ridge Cemetery on Willoughby Road in Holt immediately following the service.

A second celebration (or another celebration) will take place in Munster, Indiana later this year, date yet to be determined. Up
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:06 pm

What a great tribute to your father. I am sure you are very proud.

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:59 pm

Yes, I am. Little girls think the most of their daddies, and I never outgrew that. (Maybe none actually do?)
Thank you for adding him to the memorial page.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

~ Mother Angelica