Need prayers/Covid

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Need prayers/Covid

Post by Denise » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:08 pm

My step brother, his wife, mother and sister have covid. His wife is in the hospital and she is a three time cancer survivor. I think she is doing okay and my step brother has mild symptoms. Don't know about her sister and mom though. They are all quarantined. Please say a prayers for them
Thanks
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Need prayers/Covid

Post by MarieT » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:53 am

praying for them all and for others that caught this nasty virus
Lord mercifully hear our prayers
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:51 pm

Cathy is still in the hospital and now she has pneumonia. Patrick is on the mend.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:25 pm

Lord mercifully heal them all

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:15 pm

My step brother has gotten well and has tested negative. His wife Cathy is still in the hospital and I heard today that her mom passed away while her sister is now better. Cathy hasn't gotten better but hasn't gotten worse they say. She has lost 20 pounds and was already so thin. If she gets well enough to leave the hospital she will have to go somewhere to recuperate.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:08 am

praying all turns out well.

I have relatives overseas that tested positive to the virus but only had mild symptoms - lethargy.
No breathing complications or loss of smell or taste....they are currently in quarantine.

Makes one wonder the mechanism of this virus.....perhaps it attacks a person's weakest part.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:01 pm

Listen to this! The announcement before the interview is short so you can just move the button over or wait

https://www.churchmilitant.com/video/ep ... f3e33184d4

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:24 pm

yep thats what many Dr's are saying
was sorry to hear that the jab is mandated in the USA
i'm guessing they will follow with that here
tried to get a medical exemption, the Dr wasnt budging, said its not mandated here so no need.....i got the feeling that theyre not allowed to give exemptions
lets see what will happen

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:53 am

In Texas we do not have to take the poison. And those so called mandates here will not fly basically. There is that mandate that says employers who have 100 or more employees have to make them get the fake vaccine but guess what? So many people are quitting their jobs over it and businesses are hard to run without the people, especially hospitals.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:40 am

so relieved to hear
it was in the news here that biden had mandated the vaccine and "should Australia follow?"

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:41 am

scary commentary what it does to children long term
Reports from Greece saying that mothers are miscarrying after being told they better get the vax or risk losing their unborn child :( so they did and lost them anyway

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:51 pm

I hope those mothers aren't next.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:44 am

its so sad
we continue to pray
God knows all
in Him we trust
meanwhile keep safe everyone and blessed weekend to you all

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:06 am

I just got this update from Patrick on Cathy's progress. I was so happy to see that she is getting better. St. Expedite is on this case too!
😊
Good Morning Denise. Cathy’s breathing has actually improved enough for her to transfer out of ICU and down to a recovery type hospital (Called Select) in same building as Good Shepherd Longview. Moved over on Sunday. She has been eating better to gain strength. Still worn out from the breathing exercises. During the day she is on a regular breather mask. At night she has to go back on the bi pap machine so she can rest better. Good thing is we can visit her in room for 4 hours a day. I went yesterday and had a good visit. Physical Therapy came in and had her sit on side of bed, first time in 3 weeks. It has worn her out just sitting for about 4 minutes. PT will see her 4 times a week to work on regaining muscle strength. She may be here up to 3 weeks, just depends on how she is progressing.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:38 pm

Lord continue to be with Cathy during this difficult time