Prayer request/Covid

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Prayer request/Covid

Post by Denise » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:24 am

I just spoke to my friend in Louisiana and she has requested prayers for a 51 year old man, Chris Patton, who had no underlying health conditions. He got Covid and about two weeks after being diagnosed he woke up and his feet were black. He went to the hospital and to make a long story short his lungs are full of blood clots. The clots are so deep that it is hard to get to them. If they clear that up his legs will have to be amputated from the knees down.

Please keep him in your prayers. The doctors aren't giving him much hope.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Prayer request/Covid

Post by MarieT » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:17 am

Lord have mercy, how tragic :(
Was he vaccinated?
Most distressing for the poor man and his family
Lord mercifully hear our prayers for Chris
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:07 am

My friend said he had not been vaccinated but she doesn't know for sure. It sounds like it to me.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:54 am

what a terrible situation to find oneself in
Lord mercifully be with him
prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:27 pm

From my friend in Louisiana

Update on Chris Patton. He got out of hospital. Was off work less than 2 weeks. God truly touched this young man. He went straight from deaths door to recovered. Thank you for your prayers. He has no long term issues from his medical condition.

I have prayed daily for this guy. It is a special prayer for Padre Pio's intercession for those on medications, that the meds will do their job and cure the person. Woah!

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:13 am

Thanks be to God...such wonderful news
your prayers are very powerful

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:26 am

It wasn't me, it was St. Padre Pio and St. Expedite. I am just the donkey that asked. There were many people all over the place praying and I am sure people here were also praying. I am just happy he will be alright. In the end, God has the power. 😉

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:04 am

amen to God has the power
please pray for a young child, "chelsea" who has been battling cancer for many years and now the doctors say there is nothing else they can do
her family is quite grief stricken as one can imagine
May our merciful Lord grant Chelsea her miracle of life
His will is best

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:19 am

Why don't we ask the intercession of my cousin, The Little Cajun Saint, Charlene Marie Richard(Ree-Shard), who passed of leukemia. She understands.

PRAYER TO Ask the Intercession of CHARLENE RICHARD

Charlene, when you were only twelve years old, you showed heroic faith, hope, and love; dying of leukemia, you joined yourself to Jesus on the Cross and offered your intense pain for others. You thereby echoed St. Paul's words to his people in Colossians 1, 24: "Now I rejoice in my sufferings for Your sake, and in my flesh I am filing up what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ on behalf of His Body, the Church."

Charlene, I believe you are with God. Please ask our Heavenly Father, His only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit to grant me the following favor: (mention favor sought)

Charlene, thank you for helping me. May Jesus Christ always be praised. May Mary, Jesus' Ever-Virgin Mother, always be called blessed.