Oh dear! What next?

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Oh dear! What next?

Post by Denise » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:55 am

I got a text message very early in the morning from my friend in Louisiana. If you have read here for years you know that I got an annulment from my kid's dad years ago. He got remarried and that lasted about 12 years and he got divorced. His wife had/has a substance and alcohol abuse problem.

Anyway it was a notice from the Sheriff's department saying that Stephanie was missing and she did not have her phone with her. So I called my daughter, Stephanie, and she told me her dad just called her to tell her and she was very upset. Then she said "And Dewy died in the night." Oh my goodness. Dewy is my Beth's father in law. They are all trying to deal with all of this so I ask your prayers. When I called Beth she said the ambulance was still at Dewy's house next door. We spoke about Stephanie LeFaye being missing and she said they think she is in the lake. The police found some of her things on the shore. :(

Lent has begun.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

GayleW

Re: Oh dear! What next?

Post by GayleW » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:42 am

JMJ
So sory with all that is going on . will pray.
Blessings G

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:34 am

They just found Stephanie LeFaye in the lake. It is just so sad.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:32 pm

here is the sheriff update and a pic of her :cry:
https://www.newsbreak.com/news/25302372 ... ille-woman

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:00 am

gosh....prayers for all
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:21 am

Things got stranger by the minute yesterday. Both Stephanie LaFaye and Dewy live in Farmerville, La. When the police were waiting for the Coroner to retrieve Stephanie's body from the lake they kept calling him and he told them he was on another call and he would be there as soon as possible. They asked what to do about her body and he told them to go ahead and take her out of the water and lay her on plastic and he would be there as soon as he was finished with his other call. Guess who his other call was for? It was for Dewy, who was still in the Coroner's van when he went to take care of Stephanie LaFaye. They'd met each other a few times. Beth's father in law and step mom that she lost at the same time, were riding together. How ironic is that? My poor Beth is a basket case right now. She could use a prayer or two. They all could.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:00 pm

Lord have mercy on poor Beth - tragic news indeed
prayers being offered
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

June D

Post by June D » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:18 am

So sorry to hear this news. Prayers for all concerned. Rest in peace Dewy & Stephanie LaFaye.

MaryP

Post by MaryP » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:03 pm

Beth and all are in my prayers.