Campaign under the patronage of St. Joseph the Worker

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Campaign under the patronage of St. Joseph the Worker

Post by Denise » Mon May 23, 2022 9:01 am

On the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker 2022, a campaign began to raise forty to sixty thousand dollars for a very worthy cause for a very special person. Nina Sandoval, our newest member, headed this campaign. She made many calls and sent many texts and emails to members of the "Body of Christ". Many of those contacted were able to give Nina more names of people to contact and on and on.

This campaign was initiated to buy a new car for Fr. Paul Weinberger, faithful priest for Christ and not for himself, and who has taken care of the Body of Christ, not thinking of himself but those he serves. If you have been a member here for quite a while you are very familiar with Fr. Paul. He was driving a car that he loved dearly but was a 2010 model Mercury Marquis and more than likely a gas guzzler. So, Nina decided to try and collect enough money so Father could purchase a new car. His 33rd Anniversary of Ordination was on May 20th and his birthday is the 25th, same as St. Pio. 😊 The funds would served as an anniversary/birthday gift.

The campaign went from the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker until May 20th. On the night of May 20th, after the Rosary Father offers at the White Rose in Dallas nightly at 9:30 PM, Nina and many others attended and afterward presented Fr. Paul with his gift. He was speechless when she handed him the huge check you see in the photo. He actually received over $40,000.00 because some checks people sent in were made out to him.
IMG_5433.jpg
IMG_5433.jpg (112.98 KiB) Viewed 291 times
On Saturday, 21st of May, there was a surprise party thrown for Father at the Knights of Columbus Hall in his beloved Greenville, TX. Again, he was totally surprised because he thought he was going to attend the Knight's May Fest that was happening as well. The Knights were kind enough to share the day for his party.

Nina did an awesome job with the whole campaign and party. In Father Paul's own words, "Only Nina could pull this off!" You can see in the photo below how thoughtful she was in designing the cake table. For a mom of 8 children running around and one resting comfortably in the womb, God gave her the time and energy to pull this off perfectly.

THANK YOU, NINA. We love you Father Paul and thank you for taking care of our souls.

The Body of Christ
IMG_5480.jpg
IMG_5480.jpg (88.09 KiB) Viewed 291 times
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Re: Campaign under the patronage of St. Joseph the Worker

Post by Denise » Mon May 23, 2022 12:02 pm

Everyone who donated to this blessed cause received this humble "thank you" from Fr. Paul the next day.
Dear Friends,

This morning I offered the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass in honor of these 24 Catholic Martyrs of Mexico in the 20th century...21 were Priests and 3 were laymen. They were killed for their Catholic Faith.

The intention for the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass was for the special intentions of any and all who made the generous contribution last night. God knows them all and my He bless them, their children and their dearly departed family members.

The Holy Mass was offered on the Altar in the Chapel here at St. Edward, the one made by my Grandfather, ✝ Frank Weinberger and his brother, ✝ Willie. They were both excellent carpenters like St. Joseph. They fashioned the Altar and donated it in 1967. The first time I saw the Altar was Labor Day weekend, 2021. What a blessing!

May God bless you and all who contributed to such a generous gift. I will continue to pray for your all in my Masses and prayers. May God Who sees all, generously bless you!

Fr. Paul
Father Paul will donate his Mercury to a good cause.

Here is the Altar Father is referring to.
Plaque St. Edwards Chapel and Fr. Paul.jpg
Plaque St. Edwards Chapel and Fr. Paul.jpg (90.2 KiB) Viewed 282 times
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Re: Campaign under the patronage of St. Joseph the Worker

Post by Denise » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:59 pm

I said I would post a photo of Fr. Paul's new vehicle. Sorry it has taken so long. He can finally carry everything he needs in this thing. I love it! I think he likes it very much too. Nina did an awesome job of making this a successful campaign. I personally thank all those who contributed and Fr. Paul is so thankful.
Fr. Paul.jpg
Fr. Paul.jpg (97.62 KiB) Viewed 200 times
New Vehicle.jpg
New Vehicle.jpg (93.32 KiB) Viewed 200 times