Prayers for the repose of a soul

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Prayers for the repose of a soul

Post by Denise » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:05 am

It is a long story but I will keep it short. My boss from when I worked at Ave Marie Books and Gifts in Dallas lost her precious husband last night. They were dear friends of ours. Sunday morning Fr. Paul went and gave Gabriel the works, including the Apostolic Pardon. God bless Fr. Paul!

Please pray for the repose of Gabriel Castillo's soul and pray for his family, especially Alice, his wife. She is so torn up but trying very hard to accept God's will in all of this.

Thanks
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Re: Prayers for the repose of a soul

Post by Denise » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:44 am

Apostolic Pardon Brings Total Forgiveness Before Death

https://relevantradio.com/2021/04/heres ... the-dying/
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 pm

my prayers for the repose of Gabriel's soul and for the family during this difficult time

How wonderful, he was able to receive the Church's anointing at this time.

I've always said to my sons, that if i am at risk of dying, to call the priest first before a Dr or ambulance etc...

May Gabriel rest in peace through the mercy of God
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:05 am

The priest that administered the Last Rights is someone we all know and love. 😉 As Alice said, "Gabe got the works!"

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:08 pm

so wonderful
thanks be to God

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:39 am

We went to the visitation/Rosary last night. Gabriel looked really good. Alice is trying so hard to get through this; they were married 61 years and have known each other since they were 10 years old. I cannot imagine how tough this is for her. She said she can still feel his presence. Please keep this dear lady in your prayers.

There was a veil over the casket and if you wanted to view the body you had to lift the veil. Gabe and Alice's only daughter did not want to see her dad lifeless. She said she wants to remember him alive. For me, I am totally different, I have to see to be able to accept it fully and completely.

https://www.pilarfuneralhomes.com/obitu ... o#obituary

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:57 am

may he rest in peace
can only imagine what the family must be going through
may they feel the Lord's comfort and solace during this difficult time