Please pray for my brother, Dale

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Please pray for my brother, Dale

Post by Denise » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:48 pm

Just got a call from Dale and he is in the hospital. After many scans and an MRI, xrays and you name it, they said he has BPPV, Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. He said his head was spinning and he couldn't get up. Dakota took him to Care Now and they sent him right to the hospital. With this that can go on at any moment I wonder if he will be able to drive anymore. Also he is having sever head aches and neck pain which doesn't go along with BVVP so something else is going on. Please pray for him. Thanks in advance

Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common causes of vertigo — the sudden sensation that you're spinning or that the inside of your head is spinning.

BPPV causes brief episodes of mild to intense dizziness. It is usually triggered by specific changes in your head's position. This might occur when you tip your head up or down, when you lie down, or when you turn over or sit up in bed.

Although BPPV can be bothersome, it's rarely serious except when it increases the chance of falls. You can receive effective treatment for BPPV during a doctor's office visit.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Please pray for my brother, Dale

Post by MarieT » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:48 pm

i had one episode of that in my whole life.

It felt like someone had snatched me out of bed and was spinning me around at an enormous speed. It was a spiritual attack, I am sure of it.

I prayed and changed position several times and it left me never to be felt again.

i did see a dr on the insistance of family........the doctor said vertigo.....i said i had never had it before......
he gave me a list of exercises to do in case it came back....it never did after the prayers.

He tried to simulate it in his surgery room to see if it would return.......i declined but after insistance, i laid in the position that i was when i was awakened and experienced it......it didnt occur. phewww

His response was that by shifting to the new position, it had settled it.

between the ear there are particles that if you sleep too long on one side for example....they shift and cause imbalance.....by turning on the other side it redistributes them and settles the condition.

Prayers for Dale....hope he will be ok and that he doesnt need electro therapy to the brain or numerous medicines that my sis-in-law's mother was subjected to and to this day continues to have vertigo....

Lord mercifully hear our prayers.
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:51 pm

ask dale if he recalls how many hours he slept before the incident.

I had slept 11 hours after a physically exhausting sleepless week followed by a day off and my head finally hitting the pillow

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:31 am

Dale did say that they caused it to happen in the hospital again. I am worried about him driving. I will tell him what you said. My other concern is the horrible pain in his head and neck. I reminded him that he broke his neck in high school pole vaulting and maybe he is having problems from that but he said the doctors looked at everything and there isn't anything wrong.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:11 pm

the doctors should heed Dale's symptoms - they are a sign of some form of trauma or neuropathy....pain signs should never be dismissed.

i pray they dont dismiss it despite scans not showing anything.

i wish i recalled the 'exercises'....i never had to do them as i recovered after the first and only incident
my doc said that i automatically shifted myself till it stopped.

See if Dale can recall which side he was lying on or whether supine or prone when it happened.......then tell him to quickly rise and suddenly shift to the direct opposite side. Must be done quickly....with a spring.....up from laying position with rotation to the opposite side that he was on when it occurred.

If he can avoid what my poor sister in law's mother went through with electro treatment and numerous medicines that just aggravated the situation, then it would be a relief for him, family and all praying.
Lord mercifully hear our prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:41 am

I will tell him all of this. Thanks, Marie. He actually went home yesterday afternoon and he was just resting. I will call him when I think he is ready to talk.

Thanks for the prayers. I am also praying for a miracle from God through the intercession of Pope Benedict XVI. Dale is still being treated for cancer that returned... after he got the vax I noticed.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:27 pm

I just talked to Dale and he appreciates all the prayers.

I asked what they found out about the pain and he said the headaches were from high blood pressure and the neck, well, remember I said he broke his neck in high school? He has damage from that because if I am remembering correctly he didn't wear that neck brace for the amount of time he was supposed to or either he had injuries they didn't find. He has two slipped discs and three crumbling vertebrae. He said a neuro surgeon suggests surgery but surgery in that area can be risky so he is thinking about it. He isn't really too keen on the idea. He said if he happened to fall and his neck was injured he could end up paralyzed. I told him we would pray about that too.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:58 pm

ok...now that you mentioned that the neck has slipped discs please DO NOT TELL HIM OF THE EXERCISE I MENTIONED......IT WAS SAID BEFORE I KNEW OF THE 2 SLIPPED DISCS AND 3 CRUMBLING VERTEBRAE that you mentioned just now in this latest post

the damage of the discs could be the reason for his spinning symptoms etc.......there must be a blockage of nerve or a shift

offering more prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:20 pm

I think the doctors already warned him. All I told him was to shift positions if it was happening again. Thanks for all the prayers, they are much appreciated.