Please pray for my brother, Dale

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Please pray for my brother, Dale

Post by Denise » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:50 pm

He is in the hospital and they have found a mass on his colon. Doing scans and other tests tomorrow morning to see exactly what it is. Thank you in advance.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Please pray for my brother, Dale

Post by MarieT » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:46 pm

prayers for Dale
Lord mercifully hear us
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:45 pm

Just got home from the hospital. Poor guy said he is basically falling apart. 😥 This may be something very easy to deal with or it may be cancer, we will know after the biopsy and colonoscopy in the morning. Thanks for the prayers.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:03 am

:cry:
Lord mercifully hear our prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:28 pm

After 7 days in that hospital that leaves a lot to be desired, all the tests and scans show that it is the prostate he had cancer in before that is huge and causing a blockage to the bowels. Also after more testing they say the cancer has moved into the pelvis and lymph nodes. That hospital doesn't have anyone reputable to do any kind of surgery etc. so after much frustration they are moving him now to Baylor in Dallas. It has been a three ring circus and family members were getting very upset, including me. So, we will see what the plan is after he gets there with all his records and what they have found. They are supposed to have a team of doctors that will come up with the plan. Dale isn't ready to check out quite yet and he said if it takes surgery he is willing to do it. Please keep him in your prayers. St. Expedite had a hand in his being moved and you can read about it in the Saints and Angels forum in a bit. 😀

Thanks to all who have been praying and please keep up the prayers.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:52 am

praying for Dale

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:08 pm

Visited Dale today. When we got there they were doing a procedure so we had to wait. They put in a chest port for food and meds because he can't eat or even drink. I advised him to be catheterized and they did that also. Now we just wait to see what the doctors want to do to get things started. Surgery to remove the prostate is being discussed because that is causing the most problems. It is a waiting game. I feel so bad for him. Savannah brought his dogs there last night and they let him go out to see them. He told Savannah that when he is with all the dogs at his doggie daycare hotel that he doesn't feel the pain so much. He loves dogs.

Please keep praying.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:56 pm

so saddened to hear what Dale has to endure
praying for Dale and all your family during this difficult time

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:08 pm

Dale called me this afternoon to let me know that two surgeries are planned for Thursday, the 12th. The urologist said that they can’t remove a prostate that has had radiation. I don’t understand that. Anyway what they will do is enlarge the urethra so he can urinate. The prostate has made that very narrow and that is why it is so painful to be able to urinate. Then while he is still under they will put a colostomy so he can eat and pass the food. That prostate has his bowels blocked off. They said they will keep him in Dallas for about two days after surgery and then send him home so he can meet with his cancer doctor. I am sure radiation and chemo will be ordered for him. It is the only option at this point. I am also asking St. John of God, the Heart Saint, to intercede for Dale because of all the heart procedures he has had. I think they are worried his heart might give out during surgery. But, God is in control, not man.

Thanks for praying.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:25 am

sigh so saddened to hear what he has been enduring
we continue to pray and petition the Lord on Dale's behalf

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:44 am

Thanks Marie.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:43 pm

our prayers continue for Dale, and for your family during this most difficult time
Lord mercifully hear us all and grant you strength through the procedures

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:37 am

Dale's surgery went well yesterday. They opted to only do the rerouting of the colon and place a colostomy bag which is reversible. They didn't do the operation to widen the urethra so for now he is wearing a catheter. I don't know why really. He has already made an appointment with his oncologist for Monday to start chemo. Thank you for all the prayers and please continue to pray for his kids and him. I cam home last night and Dakota took my place spending the night with Dale.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:45 am

I just found out that the other surgery for Dale is scheduled for Tuesday. He has to stay there and then will go to the cancer center for Chemo.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:02 pm

continuing prayers for all the family
leaving for saturday morning mass in an hour (we are ahead in time zones)
will lift him up and for all also undergoing surgeries