Prayers for my 99 year old stepdad please

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Prayers for my 99 year old stepdad please

Post by Denise » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:45 pm

I got a call at 4 PM today from St. Joseph Residence. Henry fell and they had to call an ambulance and they took him to the hospital. He is getting x-rays etc. and I haven't gotten an update yet. Please keep him in your prayers.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Prayers for my 99 year old stepdad please

Post by MarieT » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:24 pm

mercy :(
Lord mercifully hear our prayers for Henry please
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:25 pm

Henry has a fractured spine around the L4 or L5. We are thanking God he didn't break his hips or anything else. My husband has gone to Dallas to be with him; they said they are keeping him overnight to come up with a game plan. I was just told that surgery will fix this right up. He is in pain but won't take pain killers. I know Henry and I know he is offering the pain up for Dale.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:11 am

bless him
saddened he is in pain
Lord mercifully hear our prayers for Dale and Henry

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:15 am

Stephen said Henry was very pitiful last night but seems better this morning. I was able to speak with him on the phone and he sounded pretty good. They have fitted him for a back brace and will take him for an MRI at some point this morning so they can come up with a game plan. Any surgery is out of the question due to his age of 99 yrs and 7 months. He also will not take pain meds as he wants to suffer like Jesus for the salvation of souls here and in Purgatory.

I didn't mention that when I got notified Henry was in emergency, he'd been there about 15 minutes and I quickly called the priest we all know and love. He answered right away and when I told him about Henry he said he was 3 minutes away and said he was on the way to see him. He stayed for about an hour, prayed many prayers and gave Henry the Anointing of the Sick.

After the visit the priest called me and we talked about the timing of my call and his location. Yep! And actually he was 2 minutes away. Amazing... and God is in control.✝

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:54 pm

thanks be to God!

how wonderful

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:30 pm

We got great news. The MRI showed NO compression at all so the back brace will suffice. They are going to get him up to start walking. Please keep praying for this lovely man. My husband just arranged for him to receive Holy Communion tomorrow.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:17 am

thanks be to God - great news!
prayed for Henry and Dale this morning at Mass.
God's speed for their healings

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:44 am

Thanks, Marie!

They tried to get Henry up but he is so weak he couldn't even sit up. I think the therapist will be in Monday to start working with him. I certainly appreciate the prayers.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:58 am

gosh poor thing must be in great pain

continuing prayers - hope all will be ok
Lord mercifully hear us

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:07 am

Henry called us last night and sounded weak, but told us he was able to sit up and he even ate twice yesterday. They finally convinced him to take pain meds every 4 hours and I could tell he'd had something but was still lucid. He even laughed and joked around and was so happy to have received Holy Communion yesterday, Sunday.

The doctor explained to him that he would more than likely have pain the rest of his life and I can understand that. I broke my back when I was 22 and I still suffer from it. Of course you make friends with the pain and just offer it up. Henry doesn't need to be in traction like I was and it seems the back brace will do the job. I have no idea where this will go from here so please keep up the prayers that are much appreciated.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:26 am

continuing prayers....hope he will be ok

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:42 pm

Henry sat up in a chair today for an hour and even ate a meal while doing so. It was a good day. 😊

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:04 am

thanks be to God
wonderful

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:41 am

Update on Henry.

He had a much better night last night. Slept very well ! They had to put oxygen on through the night because O2 levels were dropping down to 86 intermittently. Took him off 02 this morning. Ate fairly well for breakfast. Oatmeal, fruit, French toast. He shaved and brushed teeth himself this morning.

The fellow/intern came in a few minutes ago. After recent blood work results, Sodium levels are rising after med changes! At 123 now …the goal is keeping above 130. New crew of nurses/techs arrived. They are very nice and quite amazed at Henry's age and mental abilities!