St. Joseph the Worker Novena starts today

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

St. Joseph the Worker Novena starts today

Post by Denise » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:48 am

This novena traditionally begins April 22, so the novena ends on the eve of the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker.

Pray 9 Days

O God, the Creator of all things, You have laid the law of labor upon the human race. Grant, we beseech You, that by the example and protection of St. Joseph, we may perform the work You command and attain to the reward that You promise. Through our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Prayer for Fidelity to Work
Glorious St. Joseph, model of all who are devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work conscientiously, putting the call of duty above my natural inclinations, to work with gratitude and joy, considering it an honor to employ and develop, by means of labor, the gifts received from God, disregarding difficulties and weariness; to work, above all with purity of intention and with detachment from self, having always before my eyes death and the account which I must render of time lost, of talents wasted, of good omitted, of vain complacency in success, so fatal to the work of God. All for Jesus, all for Mary, all after your example, patriarch Joseph. This will be my watchword in life and in death. Amen.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: St. Joseph the Worker Novena starts today

Post by MarieT » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:17 pm

St Joseph, terror of demons, pray for us
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord