Abortion is not hidden

This forum is a place to discuss issues regarding NFP (Natural Family Planning) and related subjects. It is a place not only to talk about the mechanics of NFP, but also about the moral and physical dangers of contraception as well as the joys and blessings of children and families. As in the other forums, the teachings of the Catholic Church are to be respected. Keep conversation adult and polite.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT

Johnna

Abortion is not hidden

Post by Johnna » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 am

I don't share my journal out much because it is a bit personal in nature. Sometimes I use it to vent. This post IS one of those ventings, but since the topic is important, I thought I'd cut and paste it here.
Every person is here for a reason. To say that God intends every pregnancy is NOT to condone how the pregnancy happened. It amazes me that there are people who argue a mother has the right to kill her child, that it is even responsible for her to do so in certain circumstances. Encouraging any mother to kill her child is an act of compassion? really?? I think that most people take this stance because abortion was once "hidden", what went on in the womb was a bit of a mystery and a secret. But, by now that secret is out and he or she has something to say. If you are a person who supports a woman's right to choose, especially in cases of rape etc., I would love to ask you if you have considered the women who DON'T choose abortion. Are you prepared to look into the eyes of their children as they grow (or even after they're grown) and tell them that you were bound and determined to be sure that their mother, and the mothers of people like them, had the right to see them dead before their first breath? Depending on the circumstance of their conception, are you prepared to tell those people that their mother was irresponsible and did the WRONG thing by giving them life?? It seems to me these people might have something to say about that, and it might not be very different from the people who were aborted - if those who have been killed could have ever voiced an opinion.

http://joseromia.tripod.com/survivors.html

http://theabortionsurvivors.com/
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:27 am

Thanks for sharing, JB. This goes along with Sunday's homily, that we will get up asap, along with the two previous Sundays. Stephen is working 6 days a week, and 12 hour days right now. :?
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales